Antidumping Reform In The Wto: A Pessimistic Appraisal
AbstractEvidence presented in this paper suggests that substantial, and perhaps even modest, antidumping reform is unlikely to occur in the near future in multilateral trade negotiations. One reason is that the growing list of countries that use antidumping extensively has created new constituencies that will resist reform. Second, traditional antidumping users, especially the USA, have shown strong resistance to further reform and have implemented past reform in a minimalist fashion. Even if substantial changes are forthcoming, experience with antidumping reform from the Uruguay Round means that the economic impact of reform could be limited. Copyright 2007 The Author Journal compilation 2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Pacific Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 12 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (08)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1361-374X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hylke Vandenbussche & Maurizio Zanardi, 2008.
"What explains the proliferation of antidumping laws,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/9819, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hylke Vandenbussche & Maurizio Zanardi, 2008. "What explains the proliferation of antidumping laws?," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 23, pages 93-138, 01.
- VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke & ZANARDI, Maurizio, . "What explains the proliferation of antidumping laws?," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2052, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hylke Vandenbussche & Maurizio Zanardi, 2008. "What explains the proliferation of antidumping laws?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/169679, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hylke, VANDENBUSSCHE & Maurizio, ZANARDI, 2007. "What Explains the Proliferation of Antidumping Laws ?," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2007027, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke & ZANARDI, Maurizio, 2007. "What explains the proliferation of antidumping laws?," CORE Discussion Papers 2007066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.