How Bad is Antidumping?: Evidence from Panel Data
AbstractCurrent research on antidumping suggests a number of channels through which antidumping affects the volume of world trade. This paper uses a structural approach to the gravity model framework to evaluate these hypotheses using data on trade volume over the period 1960-2001. We conclude that the volume and welfare effects have been negative, but quite modest.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Nottingham, GEP in its series Discussion Papers with number 07/17.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: School of Economics University of Nottingham University Park Nottingham NG7 2RD
Phone: (44) 0115 951 5620
Fax: (0115) 951 4159
Web page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/gep/index.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Antidumping; Gravity equation; Multilateral resistance; Panel data econometrics;
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chad P. Bown & Rachel McCulloch, 2012.
"Antidumping and Market Competition: Implications for Emerging Economies,"
50, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Bown, Chad P. & McCulloch, Rachel, 2012. "Antidumping and market competition: implications for emerging economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6197, The World Bank.
- Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang & Zhang, Yan, 2012. "How exporters respond to antidumping investigations?," MPRA Paper 38790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2014. "Panel Data Gravity Models of International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 4616, CESifo Group Munich.
- Daumal, Marie, 2008. "Federalism, separatism and international trade," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 675-687, September.
- Bown, Chad P. & Prusa, Thomas J., 2010. "U.S. antidumping: much ado about zeroing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5352, The World Bank.
- Michael Owen Moore & Maurizio Zanardi, 2008.
"Trade Liberalization and Antidumping: Is There a Substitution Effect?,"
2008-09, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Michael O. Moore & Maurizio Zanardi, 2011. "Trade Liberalization and Antidumping: Is There a Substitution Effect?," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 601-619, November.
- Michael Moore & Maurizio Zanardi, 2011. "Trade Liberalization and Antidumping: Is There a Substitution Effect?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/136352, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michael Moore & Maurizio Zanardi, 2008. "Trade Liberalization and Antidumping: Is There a Substitution Effect?," Working Papers ECARES 2008_024, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Douglas Nelson & Simone Juhasz Silva, .
"Does Aid Cause Trade? Evidence from an Asymmetric Gravity Model,"
08/21, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Simone Juhasz Silva & Douglas Nelson, 2012. "Does Aid Cause Trade? Evidence from an Asymmetric Gravity Model," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(5), pages 545-577, 05.
- Yi Lu & Zhigang Tao & Yan Zhang, 2013.
"How Do Exporters Respond to Antidumping Investigations?,"
192013, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang & Zhang, Yan, 2013. "How do exporters respond to antidumping investigations?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 290-300.
- Christian Gormsen, 2011.
"Anti-dumping with heterogeneous firms,"
CEPII research center, issue 125, pages 41-64.
- Tibor Besedeš & Thomas J. Prusa, 2013. "Antidumping and the Death of Trade," NBER Working Papers 19555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.