Pesticide Productivity and Transgenic Cotton Technology: The South African Smallholder Case
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 56 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pitoro, Raul & Walker, Thomas S. & Tschirley, David L. & Swinton, Scott M. & Boughton, Duncan & de Marrule, Higino Francisco, 2009. "Can Bt Technology Reduce Poverty Among African Cotton Growers? An Ex Ante Analysis of the Private and Social Profitability of Bt Cotton Seed in Mozambique," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51633, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Michel Fok & Jean-Louis Le Guerroué & Pasquale Lubello, 2010. "Un état de coexistence du soja transgénique et conventionnel au Paraná, Brésil," Post-Print halshs-00540820, HAL.
- Gouse, Marnus, 2013. "Socioeconomic and farm-level effects of genetically modified crops: The case of Bt crops in South Africa," IFPRI book chapters, in: Falck-Zepeda, JosÃ© Benjamin & GruÃ¨re, Guillaume P. & Sithole-Niang, Idah (ed.), Genetically modified crops in Africa: Economic and policy lessons from countries south of the Sahara, chapter 1, pages 25-41 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Thirtle, Colin G. & Piesse, Jenifer & Gouse, Marnus, 2005. "Agricultural technology, productivity and employment: Policies for poverty reduction," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 44(1), March.
- Peterman, Amber & Behrman, Julia & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2010. "A review of empirical evidence on gender differences in nonland agricultural inputs, technology, and services in developing countries," IFPRI discussion papers 975, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Horna, J. Daniela & Smale, Melinda & Al-Hassan, Ramatu M. & Falck-Zepeda, Jose Benjamin & Timpo, Samuel E., 2008.
"Insecticide Use on Vegetables in Ghana: Would GM Seed Benefit Farmers?,"
2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida
6506, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Horna, Daniela & Smale, Melinda & Al-Hassan, Ramatu & Falck-Zepeda, José & Timpo, Samuel E., 2008. "Insecticide use on vegetables in Ghana: Would GM seed benefit farmers?," IFPRI discussion papers 785, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Suntornpithug, Pasu & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G., 2009. "Understanding the Adoption of Cotton Biotechnologies in the US: Firm Level Evidence," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(1), January.
- Horna, J. Daniela & Timpo, Samuel E. & Al-Hassan, Ramatu M. & Smale, Melinda & Falck-Zepeda, Jose Benjamin, 2008. "Vegetable Production and Pesticide Use in Ghana: Would GM Varieties Have an Impact at the Farm Level?," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52182, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Mutuc, Maria Erlinda M. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Pan, Suwen & Yorobe, Jose M., Jr., 2012. "Impact Assessment of Bt Corn Adoption in the Philippines," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 44(01), February.
- Kipkoech, Anderson Kipruto & Schulthess, Fritz & Yabann, Wilson K. & Kipsat, Mary J. & Mithofer, Dagmar, 2010. "Measuring the economic value of redistributing parasitoids for the control of the maize stemborer Busseola fusca Fuller (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) in Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(2), June.
- Robert Finger & Nadja El Benni & Timo Kaphengst & Clive Evans & Sophie Herbert & Bernard Lehmann & Stephen Morse & Nataliya Stupak, 2011. "A Meta Analysis on Farm-Level Costs and Benefits of GM Crops," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(5), pages 743-762, May.
- Sanglestsawai, Santi & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Yorobe, Jose M., Jr., 2012. "Production Risk, Farmer Welfare, and Bt Corn in the Philippines," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124237, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Khan, Shahbaz & Hanjra, Munir A. & Mu, Jianxin, 2009. "Water management and crop production for food security in China: A review," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 349-360, March.
- Ilhem Baghdadli & Hela Cheikhrouhou & Gael Raballand, 2007. "Strategies for Cotton in West and Central Africa : Enhancing Competitiveness in the "Cotton 4"," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6784, September.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Qureshi, M. Ejaz, 2010. "Global water crisis and future food security in an era of climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 365-377, October.
- Jeffrey Vitale & Marc Ouattarra & Gaspard Vognan, 2011. "Enhancing Sustainability of Cotton Production Systems in West Africa: A Summary of Empirical Evidence from Burkina Faso," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(8), pages 1136-1169, July.
- Robert Chambers & Giannis Karagiannis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2009. "Yet Another Look at Pest Damage and Pesticide Productivity," Working Papers 0911, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.