Comparative Study On The Evolution Of Loans Anddeposits Between The Romanian Bank For Development (Brd) - Groupe Societe Generale And The Romanian Banking System
AbstractTraditionally, banking consists in attracting deposits or other repayable fundsfrom the population and in granting loans. This paper aims to analyze the attracted depositsand the loans granted by BRD - Groupe Societe Generale in relation to the Romanianbanking system, as well as analyze the evolution of deposits and loans in terms of the interestrate for the whole banking system with the help of the Pearson‘s correlation coefficient for theperiod 2006-2010.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 2 (2011)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
Contact details of provider:
banking system; analyze; deposits; loans; correlation coefficient.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Gorton & Ping He, 2005.
"Bank Credit Cycles,"
NBER Working Papers
11363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koziol, Christian & Lawrenz, Jochen, 2009. "What makes a bank risky? Insights from the optimal capital structure of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 861-873, May.
- Lehar, Alfred, 2005. "Measuring systemic risk: A risk management approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2577-2603, October.
- Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Plank, Manfred & Strobl, Günter & Zechner, Josef, 2000.
"Bank Capital Regulation with Random Audits,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2597, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1992.
"Some Evidence on the Empirical Significance of Credit Rationing,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 1047-77, October.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1990. "Some evidence on the empirical significance of credit rationing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 105, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Merton, Robert C, 1978.
"On the Cost of Deposit Insurance When There Are Surveillance Costs,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 439-52, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "On the cost of deposit insurance when there are surveillance costs," Working papers 903-77., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Fries, Steven & Mella-Barral, Pierre & Perraudin, William, 1997.
"Optimal bank reorganization and the fair pricing of deposit guarantees,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 441-468, April.
- Fries,S. & Mella-Barral,P. & Perraudin,W.R.M., 1995. "Optimal Bank Reorganisation and the Fair Pricing of Deposit Garantees," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9417, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "An analytic derivation of the cost of deposit insurance and loan guarantees An application of modern option pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11, June.
- Klaus Schaeck & Martin Cihak & Simon Wolfe, 2009. "Are Competitive Banking Systems More Stable?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(4), pages 711-734, 06.
- Dangl, Thomas & Lehar, Alfred, 2004. "Value-at-risk vs. building block regulation in banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 96-131, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.