Audit Fee Econometrical Models An Overview Of The Auditing Research Literature
AbstractOur research intends to present a literature review on studies regarding theaudit fee and its cost behavioral in relation to the audit process. The purpose of the paperis to enhance and synthesize the main results of auditing research literature impendingaudit fee approximation. Hence, our analysis requires a literature review methodology.We start by introducing the concept of audit fee; the first part of the paper follows the shifttaking place in the cost behavior of audit in a diachronic study methodology. The main partof the paper discusses empirical studies on audit fee by closely analyzing their researchdesign, the employed research methodology and the obtained results. The originality of thestudy, its contribution relies in a consisting and comprehensive overview on papers inauditing research literature that presents audit fee through an empirical approach. Whenin comes to the importance and reliability of such studies further impacts upon therelevance of their results and how they can be used.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 2 (2011)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
Contact details of provider:
audit fee; empirical research; econometric model; research literature;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Auditing
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atanasiu Pop & Oana - Raluca Iosivan, 2008. "The Pricing Of Audit Services: Evidence From Romania," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(10), pages 21.
- Santanu Mitra & Donald R. Deis & Mahmud Hossain, 2009. "The association between audit fees and reported earnings quality in pre- and post-Sarbanes-Oxley regimes," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 232-252, August.
- Scott Whisenant & Srinivasan Sankaraguruswamy & K. Raghunandan, 2003. "Evidence on the Joint Determination of Audit and Non-Audit Fees," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 721-744, 09.
- Nathalie Gonthier-Besacier & Alain Schatt, 2006. "Determinants of Audit Fees for French Quoted Firms," Working Papers FARGO 1060301, Université de Bourgogne - Crego EA 7317/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance).
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Santanu Mitra & Mahmud Hossain & Donald Deis, 2007. "The empirical relationship between ownership characteristics and audit fees," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 257-285, April.
- Francis, Jere R., 1984. "The effect of audit firm size on audit prices : A study of the Australian Market," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 133-151, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.