A Logit Analysis Of Development And Democracy. The Romania’S Case
AbstractThe paper analyzes empirically, in Romania’s case, the relationship between economic development (dependent variable) and its political factors (independent variables). The analysis is based on the construction of a linear “Logit Model” and the data set is covering the period 1926- 2007. The main results show that, in Romania’s case, which the economy has an expansive and competitive market, the economic development, can be accompanied, by high levels of democratization, with high political stability, on a republican base, but this is not a rule.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi.
Volume (Year): 2011SE (2011)
Issue (Month): (july)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatea Al. I. Cuza; B-dul Carol I nr. 22; Iasi
Phone: 004 0232 201070
Fax: 004 0232 217000
Web page: http://anale.feaa.uaic.ro/anale/
More information through EDIRC
Development; Democracy; Regime Durability; Binary Choice Model; Logit Analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N, 2002. "Democracy and Development: Cruel Dilemma or Symbiotic Relationship," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 151-62, June.
- Melike BILDIRICI & Seçkin SUNAL, 2006. "Economic Determinants Of Development In World Economy I: 1920-2005. An Analysis of 165 Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(3).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sireteanu Napoleon-Alexandru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.