Some Comparisons of Recent Estimates of Agricultural Supply Elasticities for the Australian Economy
AbstractAn accurate knowledge of the supply responsiveness of agricultural exporting industries is crucial if sensible judgements are to be made about diverse policy initiatives, including initiatives having no obvious connection with agriculture. In this paper we compare some recent estimates of short-run supply elasticities for agricultural commodities in the Australian economy. Our attention is focussed particularly on the different types of production technologies and econometric methods used to derive values for these elasticities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 56 (1988)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adams, Philip D., 1987. "Agricultural Supply Response in ORANI," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(03), December.
- McKay, Lloyd & Lawrence, Denis & Vlastuin, Chris, 1983. "Profit, Output Supply, and Input Demand Functions for Multiproduct Firms: The Case of Australian Agriculture," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(2), pages 323-39, June.
- Fisher, Brian S. & Munro, Robyn G., 1983. "Supply Response In The Australian Extensive Livestock And Cropping Industries: A Study Of Intentions And Expectations," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 27(01), April.
- Watts, Geof & Quiggin, John C., 1984. "A Note on the Use of a Logarithmic Time Trend," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(02), August.
- Randal R. Rucker & Oscar R. Burt & Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1984. "An Econometric Model of Cattle Inventories," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-25, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Byron, R P, 1970. "The Restricted Aitken Estimation of Sets of Demand Relations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(6), pages 816-30, November.
- Wall, Charles A. & Fisher, Brian S., 1988. "Supply Response and the Theory of Production and Profit Functions," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(03), December.
- Hall, Nigel H. & Fraser, L. & Purtill, A., 1988. "Supply Response in Broadacre Agriculture," 1988 Conference (32nd), February 8-11, 1988, Melbourne, Australia 144033, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Peter B. Dixon & David P. Vincent & Alan A. Powell, 1976. "Factor Demand and Product Supply Relations in Australian Agriculture : The CRESH/CRETH Production System," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers op-08, Monash University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Vincent, David P & Dixon, Peter B & Powell, Alan A, 1980. "The Estimation of Supply Response in Australian Agrucilture: The CRESH/CRETH Production System," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 221-42, February.
- Agbola, Frank W., 1999. "The Structure of Production and Investment in Australia's Pastoral Zone," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 122327, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kingwell, Ross S., 1994. "Effects of Tactical Responses and Risk Aversion on Farm Wheat Supply," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 62(01), April.
- Kingwell, Ross, 1996. "Programming models of farm supply response: The impact of specification errors," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 307-324.
- Culas, Richard J., 2011. "Area response in wheat production: The Australian wheat-sheep zone," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 8(1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.