An Evaluation of Outlook Information for Australian Agricultural Commodities
AbstractThis paper reviews the literature on the production, dissemination and use made of market outlook information for agricultural commodities. It focuses on the requirements and demand for market outlook information, the level of accuracy of information currently available, of future prospective gains in accuracy, some estimates of the value of outlook information, and government participation in the supply of outlook information.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (1978)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freebairn, John W., 1975. "Forecasting For Australian Agriculture," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 19(03), December.
- Derek R. Byerlee & Jock R. Anderson, 1969.
"Value Of Predictors Of Uncontrolled Factors In Response Functions,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 13(2), pages 118-127, December.
- Byerlee, Derek R. & Anderson, Jock R., 1969. "Value Of Predictors Of Uncontrolled Factors In Response Functions," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 13(02), December.
- Freebairn, J W, 1976. "The Value and Distribution of the Benefits of Commodity Price Outlook Information," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 52(138), pages 199-212, June.
- Jonson, P D & Mahoney, D M, 1973. "Price Expectations in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 49(125), pages 50-61, March.
- Dillon, John L., 1971. "An Expository Review of Bernoullian Decision Theory in Agriculture: Is Utility Futility?," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(01), March.
- Smith, A W & Smith, R L, 1976. "A Model of the Australian Farm Sector: A Progress Report," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 52(140), pages 462-82, December.
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2004. "The Value of Public Price Forecasts: Additional Evidence in the Live Hog Market," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 22(2).
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Manfredo, Mark R. & Boris, Keith, 2009. "Evaluating information in multiple horizon forecasts: The DOE's energy price forecasts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-196.
- Pluske, Johanna M. & Fraser, Rob W., 1995. "Can Producers Place Valid and Reliable Valuations on Wool Price-Risk Information?," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(02), August.
- Lindner, Robert K., 1987. "Toward A Framework For Evaluating Agricultural Economics Research," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 31(02), August.
- Good, Darrel L. & Irwin, Scott H. & Isengildina, Olga, 2006.
"The Value of USDA Situation and Outlook Information in Hog and Cattle Markets,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(02), August.
- Isengildina, Olga & Irwin, Scott H. & Good, Darrel L., 2005. "The Value of USDA Situation and Outlook Information in Hog and Cattle Markets," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19050, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Olga Isengildina-Massa & Scott H. Irwin & Darrel L. Good & Jennifer K. Gomez, 2008. "Impact of WASDE reports on implied volatility in corn and soybean markets," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 473-490.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.