Impacts Of Advertising And Promotion On The Demand For Scanned Purchases Of Vidalia Onions
AbstractThis study evaluates the promotion and advertising impacts on the demand for scanned purchases of Vidalia onions and estimates returns to promotion expenditures. The analysis uses supermarket scanner data collected from scanned purchases of Vidalia onions and promotion expenditures generated by the Vidalia Onion Marketing Order. An error-components model is estimated to determine the impacts of promotion expenditures for scanned purchases of Vidalia onions, own price, prices of substitutes and complements, demographics, and seasonal variables for 10 different markets over a 260-week period from 1996 to 2001.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Food Distribution Research Society in its journal Journal of Food Distribution Research.
Volume (Year): 33 (2002)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Demand and Price Analysis; Marketing;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ward, Ronald W. & Myers, Lester H., 1979. "Advertising Effectiveness and Coefficient Variation Over Time," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 1.
- Timothy J. Richards & Pieter. Van Ispelen & Albert Kagan, 1997. "A Two-Stage Analysis of the Effectiveness of Promotion Programs for U.S. Apples," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 825-837.
- Onunkwo, Izuchukwu M. & Epperson, James E., 1999. "Export Demand For U.S. Pecans: Impacts Of U.S. Export Promotion," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21686, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Christian, Jason E. & Meng, Erika C.H. & Piggott, Nicholas E., 1997. "The California Table Grape Commission's Promotion Program: An Evaluation," Monographs, University of California, Davis, Giannini Foundation, number 11932.
- Costa, Ecio de Farias & Wolfe, Kent & Epperson, James E. & Huang, Chung L. & McKissick, John C., 2002.
"Who Are The Consumers Of Vidalia Onions?,"
Journal of Food Distribution Research,
Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 33(01), March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.