Strategy Development in a Turbulent Business Climate: Concepts and Methods
AbstractThe accelerating speed of change in the food and agribusiness industries is resulting in more risk and uncertainty Â– the future is becoming much less predictable. The drivers of these uncertainties are also changing Â– strategic risk which generally has a low probability of occurrence, but large consequences has begun to replace tactical risk. Managing these risks requires not only new assessment tools such as scorecarding and mapping, but also more systematic decision frameworks. In essence, strategic risk management involves using the proper assessment and management tools so as to truncate the loss exposure and capture the profit potential of these risks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA) in its journal International Food and Agribusiness Management Review.
Volume (Year): 08 (2005)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
Uncertainty; Real options; Risk scorecarding; Strategic risk; Strategy development; Agribusiness; Risk and Uncertainty;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boehlje, Michael & Roucan-Kane, Maud & Broring, Stefanie, 2011. "Future Agribusiness Challenges: Strategic Uncertainty, Innovation and Structural Change," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 14(5).
- Detre, Joshua D. & Briggeman, Brian C. & Boehlje, Michael & Gray, Allan W., 2006. "Scorecarding and Heat Mapping: Tools and Concepts for Assessing Strategic Uncertainty," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 9(01).
- Brenes, Esteban R. & Montoya, Daniel & Ciravegna, Luciano, 2014. "Differentiation strategies in emerging markets: The case of Latin American agribusinesses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 847-855.
- Shadbolt, Nicola M. & Olubode-Awosola, Femi & Gray, David I. & Dooley, Elizabeth, 2010. "Risk - An Opportunity or Threat for Entrepreneurial Farmers in the Global Food Market?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 13(4).
- Yeager, Elizabeth A. & Stutzman, Sarah A., 2013. "Deer Creek Farms: Tradition into the Future," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150341, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.