Witchcraft, Weather and Economic Growth in Renaissance Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 18 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (Winter)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer, 1993.
"Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution,"
NBER Working Papers
4274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Long, J Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei, 1993. "Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 671-702, October.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei, 1993. "Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution," Scholarly Articles 3451302, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2002.
"Reversal Of Fortune: Geography And Institutions In The Making Of The Modern World Income Distribution,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1231-1294, November.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2001. "Reversal of Fortune: Geography and Institutions in the Making of the Modern World Income Distribution," NBER Working Papers 8460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke, 2000.
"Greed and grievance in civil war,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2355, The World Bank.
- Paul Collier & Anke Hoeffler, 2000. "Greed and Grievance in Civil War," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-18, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Olivier Desch�nes & Enrico Moretti, 2009.
"Extreme Weather Events, Mortality, and Migration,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(4), pages 659-681, November.
- Migheli, Matteo, 2009. "Religiosity and happiness: an ever-winning couple? An answer from India," POLIS Working Papers 126, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Erica Field & Matthew Levinson & Rohini Pande & Sujata Visaria, 2008.
"Segregation, Rent Control, and Riots: The Economics of Religious Conflict in an Indian City,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 505-10, May.
- Erica Field & Matthew Levinson & Rohini Pande & Sujata Visaria, 2008. "Segregation, Rent Control, and Riots: The Economics of Religious Conflict in an Indian City," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-174, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Matthias Doepke & Michèle Tertilt & Alessandra Voena, 2012.
"The Economics and Politics of Women's Rights,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 339-372, 07.
- Matthias Doepke, 2012. "The Economics and Politics of Women's Rights," 2012 Meeting Papers 116, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Doepke, Matthias & Tertilt, Michèle & Voena, Alessandra, 2011. "The Economics and Politics of Women's Rights," IZA Discussion Papers 6215, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Doepke, Matthias & Tertilt, Michèle & Voena, Alessandra, 2011. "The Economics and Politics of Women’s Rights," Working Papers 11-3, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Matthias Doepke & Michèle Tertilt & Alessandra Voena, 2011. "The Economics and Politics of Women's Rights," NBER Working Papers 17672, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anderson, R. Warren & Johnson, Noel D & Koyama, Mark, 2013. "From the Persecuting to the Protective State? Jewish Expulsions and Weather Shocks from 1100 to 1800," MPRA Paper 44228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehlum, Halvor & Miguel, Edward & Torvik, Ragnar, 2006. "Poverty and crime in 19th century Germany," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 370-388, May.
- Johnson, Noel D & Koyama, Mark, 2011. "Taxes, lawyers, and the decline of witch trials in France," MPRA Paper 34266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morgan Kelly & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2012. "The Waning of the Little Ice Age," Working Papers 201211, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Vidal-Robert, Jordi, 2013. "War and Inquisition: Repression in Early Modern Spain," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 118, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.