Asset Prices, Financial Instability, and Monetary Policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 94 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles Bean, 2003.
"Asset prices, financial imbalances and monetary policy: are inflation targets enough?,"
BIS Working Papers
140, Bank for International Settlements.
- Charles Bean, 2003. "Asset Prices, Financial Imbalances and Monetary Policy: Are Inflation Targets Enough?," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: Anthony Richards & Tim Robinson (ed.), Asset Prices and Monetary Policy Reserve Bank of Australia.
- David Gruen & Michael Plumb & Andrew Stone, 2003.
"How Should Monetary Policy Respond to Asset-price Bubbles?,"
RBA Research Discussion Papers
rdp2003-11, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- David Gruen & Michael Plumb & Andrew Stone, 2003. "How Should Monetary Policy Respond to Asset-price Bubbles?," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: Anthony Richards & Tim Robinson (ed.), Asset Prices and Monetary Policy Reserve Bank of Australia.
- David Gruen & Michael Plumb & Andrew Stone, 2005. "How Should Monetary Policy Respond to Asset-Price Bubbles?," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(3), December.
- Gruen, David & Plumb, Michael & Stone, Andrew, 2005. "How Should Monetary Policy Respond to Asset-Price Bubbles?," MPRA Paper 833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Hans Genberg & Sushil Wadhwani, 2002. "Asset Prices in a Flexible Inflation Targeting Framework," NBER Working Papers 8970, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 2001. "Should Central Banks Respond to Movements in Asset Prices?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 253-257, May.
- Bordo, Michael D & Jeanne, Olivier, 2002. "Monetary Policy and Asset Prices: Does 'Benign Neglect' Make Sense?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 139-64, Summer.
- Philip Lowe & Claudio Borio, 2002. "Asset prices, financial and monetary stability: exploring the nexus," BIS Working Papers 114, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jarkko Jääskelä & Jack McKeown, 2005. "Misperceptions and monetary policy in a New Keynesian model," Bank of England working papers 278, Bank of England.
- Q. Farooq Akram & Gunnar Bårdsen & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist, 2006.
"Pursuing financial stability under an inflation-targeting regime,"
2006/08, Norges Bank.
- Q. Akram & Gunnar Bårdsen & Kjersti-Gro Lindquist, 2007. "Pursuing financial stability under an inflation-targeting regime," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 131-153, January.
- Rhys ap Gwilym, 2010.
"The Monetary Policy Implications of Behavioural Asset Bubbles,"
10011, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Rhys ap Gwilym, 2013. "The Monetary Policy Implications of Behavioral Asset Bubbles," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 252-270, July.
- ap Gwilym, Rhys, 2009. "The Monetary Policy Implications of Behavioral Asset Bubbles," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/18, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Jarkko Jääskelä & Jack McKeown, 2005. "Monetary policy and private sector misperceptions about the natural level of output," Bank of England working papers 279, Bank of England.
- Belke, Ansgar, 2010.
"Die Auswirkungen der Geldmenge und des Kreditvolumens auf die Immobilienpreise: Ein ARDL-Ansatz für Deutschland,"
183, University of Duisburg-Essen, Faculty for Economics and Business Administration.
- Ansgar Belke, 2010. "Die Auswirkungen der Geldmenge und des Kreditvolumens auf die Immobilienpreise – Ein ARDL-Ansatz für Deutschland," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 230(2), pages 138-162.
- Ansgar Belke, 2009. "Die Auswirkungen der Geldmenge und des Kreditvolumens auf die Immobilienpreise: ein ARDL-Ansatz für Deutschland," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 953, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- John R. Conlon, 2008. "Should Central Banks Burst Bubbles? Some Microeconomic Issues," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002330, David K. Levine.
- Kenneth Kuttner, 2011. "Monetary Policy and Asset Price Volatility: Should We Refill the Bernanke-Gertler Prescription?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2011-04, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Jun 2011.
- Ansgar Belke & Thorsten Polleit, 2006.
"Monetary policy and dividend growth in Germany: long-run structural modelling versus bounds testing approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(12), pages 1409-1423.
- Ansgar Belke & Thorsten Polleit, 2005. "Monetary Policy and Dividend Growth in Germany: Long-Run Structural Modelling versus Bounds Testing Approach," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 250/2005, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- John Conlon, 2005. "Should Central Banks Burst Bubbles?," Game Theory and Information 0508007, EconWPA.
- Bask, Mikael, 2009. "Monetary Policy, Stock Price Misalignments and Macroeconomic Instability," Working Papers 540, Hanken School of Economics.
- Haider Ali & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2014. "Choice of Monetary Policy Instrument under Targeting Regimes in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," PIDE-Working Papers 2014:102, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Taipalus , Katja, 2006. "A global house price bubble? Evaluation based on a new rent-price approach," Research Discussion Papers 29/2006, Bank of Finland.
- Thomas Beissinger, 2006. "Neue Anforderungen an eine gesamtwirtschaftliche Stabilisierung," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 277/2006, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Martin, Christopher & Milas, Costas, 2013.
"Financial crises and monetary policy: Evidence from the UK,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 654-661.
- Christopher Martin & Costas Milas, 2011. "Financial Crises and Monetary Policy: Evidence from the UK," Working Paper Series 14_11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Kajuth, Florian, 2010. "The role of liquidity constraints in the response of monetary policy to house prices," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 230-242, December.
- Cinzia Alcidi , Alessandro Flamini, Andrea Fracasso, 2005. ""Taylored rules". Does one fit (or hide) all?," IHEID Working Papers 04-2005, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Apr 2006.
- Scott Roger, 2009. "Inflation Targeting At 20," IMF Working Papers 09/236, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti, 2005. "The Brave New World of Central Banking: The Policy Challenges Posed by Asset Price Booms and Busts," Working Papers 2005/14, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.