Cell Phones and Rural Labor Markets: Evidence from South Africa
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aker, Jenny C. & Clemens, Michael A. & Ksoll, Christopher, 2011. "Mobiles and mobility: The Effect of Mobile Phones on Migration in Niger," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 2, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Mang, Constantin, 2013. "From upgrade to uptake: The effect of mobile internet infrastructure on usage of local online services," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88511, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Simon Franklin, 2016. "Enabled to Work: The Impact of Government Housing on Slum Dwellers in South Africa," SERC Discussion Papers 0197, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Franklin, Simon, 2016. "Enabled to work: the impact of government housing on slum dwellers in South Africa," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66537, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kyeong Ho Lee & Marc F. Bellemare, 2013.
"Look Who's Talking: The Impacts of the Intrahousehold Allocation of Mobile Phones on Agricultural Prices,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 624-640, May.
- Lee, Kyeong Ho & Bellemare, Marc F., 2012. "Look who's talking: the impacts of the intrahousehold allocation of mobile phones on agricultural prices," MPRA Paper 38908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eduardo Nakasone & Maximo Torero, 2016.
"A text message away: ICTs as a tool to improve food security,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(S1), pages 49-59, November.
- Nakasone, Eduardo & Torero, Maximo, 2016. "A text message away: ICTs as a tool to improve food security," MPRA Paper 75854, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Salas Garcia, Vania B. & Fan, Qin, 2015. "Information Access and Smallholder Farmers’ Selling Decisions in Peru," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205380, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Matias Busso & Dario Romero Fonseca, 2015. "Female Labor Force Participation in Latin America: Patterns and Explanations," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0187, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Raul KATZ & Pantelis KOUTROUMPIS, 2012. "The Economic Impact of Telecommunications in Senegal," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(86), pages 21-42, 2nd quart.
- Simon Franklin, 2015. "Enabled to Work: The Impact of Government Housing on Slum Dwellers in South Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2015-10, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:eee:iepoli:v:40:y:2017:i:c:p:71-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie & Lee, Hak Lim, 2014. "The Role of Rural–Urban Migration in the Structural Transformation of Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 33-42.
- Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S., 2009. "The power of information : the impact of mobile phones on farmers'welfare in the Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4996, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsMobile Phones; Economic Development; Project Evaluation;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O22 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Project Analysis
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-09-25 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2010-09-25 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:gdec10:56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfselea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .