Stability of Long-Run Relationships for Countries in Transition: A Hansen Test Study
The results of a Monte Carlo research for the Hansen Lc, MeanF and SupF stability tests for long-run relationships are reported. The tests are related to the Phillips-Hansen and Hansen semiparametric methods, which involve kernel density estimation of the long-run covariance matrix. We compare the effect of the choice of kernel on the performance of the tests, and also check the effect of misspecification of the model (lags for the disturbances) on the behaviour of test statistics, and behaviour of percentiles. The results indicate that the best – both in terms of efficiency and robustness to misspecification error – is the Parzen kernel.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (0)116 252 2887
Fax: +44 (0)116 252 2908
Web page: http://www.le.ac.uk/economics/ec.html
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.le.ac.uk/economics/research/dpseries.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haug, A.A., 1993.
"Has Federal Budget Deficit Policy Changed in Recent Years?,"
93-8, York (Canada) - Department of Economics.
- Haug, Alfred A, 1995. "Has Federal Budget Deficit Policy Changed in Recent Years?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(1), pages 104-18, January.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wuk:leiapm:96/4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WoPEc Project)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.