The Top 100 Largest Employers in UK and Germany in the Twentieth Century. Data (ca. 1907, 1935/38, 1955/57, 1972/73, 1992/95)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- P. Wardley, 2001. "Debate - On the Ranking of Firms: A Response to Jeremy and Farnie," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 119-134.
- D. Jeremy & D. Farnie, 2001. "Debate - The Ranking of Firms, the Counting of Employees, and the Classification of Data: A Cautionary Not," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 105-118.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- In defence of short-termism
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-02-12 13:31:40
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Robert J. Bennett & Harry Smith & Piero Montebruno, 2020.
"The Population of Non-corporate Business Proprietors in England and Wales 1891–1911,"
Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 62(8), pages 1341-1372, November.
- Bennett, Robert J. & Smith, Harry & Montebruno, Piero, 2020. "The population of non-corporate business proprietors in England and Wales 1891–1911," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 109850, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
Keywords20th Century; UK; Germany; Employers;
All these keywords.
- N9 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2010-11-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wso:wpaper:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sgkoede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Johannes Press The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Johannes Press to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sgkoede.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.