Top Pay, Company Performance and Corporate Governance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Conyon, Martin J & Leech, Dennis, 1994. "Top Pay, Company Performance and Corporate Governance," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(3), pages 229-247, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ali Dardour, 2008. "Les déterminants de la rémunération des dirigeants des sociétés cotées en France," Post-Print halshs-00522506, HAL.
- Yishay Yafeh & Oved Yosha, 2003. "Large Shareholders and Banks: Who Monitors and How?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(484), pages 128-146, January.
- Xunan Feng & Anders C. Johansson, 2017.
"CEO Incentives in Chinese State-Controlled Firms,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 223-264.
- Johansson, Anders C. & Feng, Xunan, 2013. "CEO Incentives in Chinese State-Controlled Firms," Stockholm School of Economics Asia Working Paper Series 2013-27, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute.
- Martin J. Conyon, 1995. "Directors' Pay in the Privatized Utilities," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 33(2), pages 159-171, June.
- Maria-Teresa Marchica & Roberto Mura, 2005. "Direct and Ultimate Ownership Structures in the UK: an intertemporal perspective over the last decade," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 26-45, January.
- Ming-Yuan Chen, 2010. "The Components Of Managerial Pay Adjustments And Their Impact On Firm Performance," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(6), pages 582-608, December.
- Phillip McKnight & Cyril Tomkins, 1999. "Top Executive Pay in the United Kingdom: A Corporate Governance Dilemma," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 223-243.
- Conyon, Martin J., 1997. "Corporate governance and executive compensation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 493-509, July.
- Ho, Carol-Anne & Williams, S. Mitchell, 2003. "International comparative analysis of the association between board structure and the efficiency of value added by a firm from its physical capital and intellectual capital resources," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 465-491.
- W.N.W Azman‐Saini & Peter Smith, 2011.
"Finance And Growth: New Evidence On The Role Of Insurance,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 79(2), pages 111-127, June.
- Azman-saini, W.N.W & Smith, Peter, 2010. "Finance and growth: new evidence on the role of insurance," MPRA Paper 65836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Girma, Sourafel & Steve Thompson & Peter Wright, 2002. "Merger Activity and Executive Pay," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 87, Royal Economic Society.
- Dong, Min & Ozkan, Aydin, 2008. "Institutional investors and director pay: An empirical study of UK companies," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 16-29, February.
- Theeravanich, Amnaj, 2013. "Director compensation in emerging markets: A case study of Thailand," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 71-91.
- M. Ali Choudhary & J. Michael Orszag, 2003. "Are Performance Conditions On Executive Options Driven By Fundamentals?," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1103, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Paul Gregg & Sarah Jewell & Ian Tonks, 2005. "Executive Pay and Performance in the UK 1994-2002," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 05/122, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Johnston, James, 2007. "Independent Directors, Executive Remuneration and the Governance of the Corporation: Some Empirical Evidence from the United Kingdom," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 3(1-2).
- Phillip J. McKnight, 1996. "An Explanation of Top Executive Pay: A UK Study," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 557-566, December.
- Mäkinen, Mikko, . "Essays on Stock Option Schemes and CEO Compensation," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 42.
- Cosh, Andy & Hughes, Alan, 1997. "Executive remuneration, executive dismissal and institutional shareholdings," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 469-492, July.
- Rafel Crespi-Cladera & Carles Gispert & Luc Renneboog, 2001. "Verringern Management-Entlohnungskosten die Agency-Kosten?: Empirische Evidenz von netzwerkorientierten und marktorientierten Unternehmenskontrollsystemen," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(2), pages 234-246.
- Firth, M. & Tam, M. & Tang, M., 1999. "The determinants of top management pay," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 617-635, December.
- I Jones & M.G Pollitt, 2001. "Who Influences Debates in Business Ethics? An Investigation into the Development of Corporate Governance in the UK since 1990," Working Papers wp221, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Martin J. Conyon, 1994. "Corporate Governance Changes in UK Companies Between 1988 and 1993," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 87-100, April.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic analysis ; economic models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wrk:warwec:410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margaret Nash). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaruk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .