Genetic Action Trees A New Concept for Social and Economic Simulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kathleen M. Carley & David M. Svoboda, 1996. "Modeling Organizational Adaptation as a Simulated Annealing Process," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 25(1), pages 138-168, August.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1979. "Optimal Search for the Best Alternative," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 641-654, May.
- Roberts, Kevin & Weitzman, Martin L, 1981.
"Funding Criteria for Research, Development, and Exploration Projects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1261-1288, September.
- M. L. Weitzman & K. Roberts, 1979. "Funding Criteria for Research, Development and Exploration Projects," Working papers 234, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jan W. Rivkin & Nicolaj Siggelkow, 2003. "Balancing Search and Stability: Interdependencies Among Elements of Organizational Design," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(3), pages 290-311, March.
- James G. March, 1991. "Exploration and Exploitation in Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 71-87, February.
- Giovanni Dosi & Daniel A. Levinthal & Luigi Marengo, 2003.
"Bridging contested terrain: linking incentive-based and learning perspectives on organizational evolution,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 413-436, April.
- Giovanni Dosi & Daniel Levinthal & Luigi Marengo, 2001. "Bridging Contested Terrain: Linking Incentive-Based and Learning Perspectives on Organizational Evolution," LEM Papers Series 2001/20, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- David J. TEECE, 2008.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 5, pages 67-87
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1986. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Teece, David J., 1993. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Profiting from Technological Innovation: Implications for Integration, Collaboration, Licensing and Public Policy," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 2, pages 11-46 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Lee Altenberg, 1994. "Evolving Better Representations Through Selective Genome Growth," Working Papers 94-02-008, Santa Fe Institute.
- Karén Hovhannisian, 2004. "Imperfect Local Search Strategies on Technology Landscapes: Satisficing, Deliberate Experimentation and Memory Dependence," Computational Economics 0405009, EconWPA.
- Koen Frenken & Luigi Marengo & Marco Valente, 1999. "Interdependencies, nearly-decomposability and adaption," CEEL Working Papers 9903, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Jason Potts, 2000. "The New Evolutionary Microeconomics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2258, April.
- Sendil K. Ethiraj & Daniel Levinthal, 2004. "Modularity and Innovation in Complex Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 159-173, February.
- Vishwanath, Tara, 1988. "Parallel Search and Information Gathering," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 110-116, May.
- Jan W. Rivkin, 2000. "Imitation of Complex Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(6), pages 824-844, June.
- Jose Lobo & William G. Macready, 1999. "Landscapes: A Natural Extension of Search Theory," Working Papers 99-05-037, Santa Fe Institute.
- Vishwanath, Tara, 1992. "Parallel Search for the Best Alternative," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 2(4), pages 495-507, October.
- Daniel A. Levinthal, 1997. "Adaptation on Rugged Landscapes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(7), pages 934-950, July.
- Levinthal, Daniel & March, James G., 1981. "A model of adaptive organizational search," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 307-333, December.
- Carliss Y. Baldwin & Kim B. Clark, 2000. "Design Rules, Volume 1: The Power of Modularity," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262024667, January.
- Auerswald, Philip & Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Shell, Karl, 2000.
"The production recipes approach to modeling technological innovation: An application to learning by doing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 389-450, March.
- Philip Auerswald & Stuart Kauffman & Jose Lobo & Karl Shell, 1998. "The Production Recipes Approach to Modeling Technological Innovation: An Application to Learning By Doing," Working Papers 98-11-100, Santa Fe Institute.
- Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Macready, William G., 2000. "Optimal search on a technology landscape," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 141-166, October.
- Herbert A. Simon, 1996. "The Sciences of the Artificial, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262691914, January.
- Bennett Levitan & Stuart Kauffman, 1995. "Adaptive Walks with Noisy Fitness Measurements," Working Papers 95-04-039, Santa Fe Institute.
- Stuart Kauffman & William G. Macready & Emily Dickinson, 1994. "Divide to Coordinate: Coevolutionary Problem Solving," Working Papers 94-06-031, Santa Fe Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsMulti agent system; genetic algorithms; actiontrees; learning; decision making; economic and social behaviour; distributed artificial intelligence;
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2005-07-18 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CMP-2005-07-18 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2005-07-18 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2005-07-18 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2005-07-18 (Game Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpco:0507002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .