Modelling inter-regional trade flows: data and methodological issues in Rhomolo
The present paper studies the modelling of inter-regional trade flows in the newly developed general equilibrium model of European Commission, Rhomolo. In contrast to international trade, usually, trade of goods and services between regions is not recorded statistically. As a result, no statistical data exists for inter-regional trade, which could be readily used for modelling purposes. We propose an augmented entropy approach, which combines the Transtools modelâ€™s inter-regional trade and inter-regional transport cost data with data from regional and national statistics to obtain a full set of balanced bilateral trade data for all inter-regional transactions.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & Jane Waldfogel, 2000.
"Understanding young women's marriage decisions: The role of labor and marriage market conditions,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(4), pages 624-647, July.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & Jane Waldfogel, 2000. "Understanding Young Women's Marriage Decisions: The Role of Labor and Marriage Market Conditions," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(4), pages 624-647, July.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & Jane Waldfogel, 2000. "Understanding Young Women's Marriage Decisions: The Role of Labor and Marriage Market Conditions," NBER Working Papers 7510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donna K. Ginther & Madeline Zavodny, 2001.
"Is the male marriage premium due to selection? The effect of shotgun weddings on the return to marriage,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 313-328.
- Donna Ginther & Madeline Zavodny, 1998. "Is the male marriage premium due to selection? The effect of shotgun weddings on the return to marriage," Working Paper 97-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Gould, Eric D & Paserman, M. Daniele, 2002.
"Waiting for Mr Right: Rising Inequality and Declining Marriage Rates,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3388, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gould, Eric D. & Paserman, M. Daniele, 2003. "Waiting for Mr. Right: rising inequality and declining marriage rates," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 257-281, March.
- Kenneth Burdett & Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2002.
"Crime, Inequality, and Unemployment, Second Version,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
03-029, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 01 Sep 2003.
- David S. Loughran, 2002. "The Effect Of Male Wage Inequality On Female Age At First Marriage," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 237-250, May.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Judd, Kenneth L, 1983. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 955-69, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa10p500. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.