Revisiting Hungary's Bankruptcy Episode
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Janet Mitchell, 1998. "Bankruptcy Experience in Hungary and the Czech Republic," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 211, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995.
" What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-1460, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994. "What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan Svejnar, 1991. "Microeconomic Issues in the Transition to a Market Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 123-138, Fall.
- Mitchell, Janet, 1998. "Strategic Creditor Passivity, Regulation and Bank Bailouts," CEPR Discussion Papers 1780, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Perotti, Enrico C. & Vesnaver, Luka, 2004.
"Enterprise finance and investment in listed Hungarian firms,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-87, March.
- Perotti, Enrico C & Vesnaver, Luka, 2004. "Enterprise Finance and Investment in Listed Hungarian Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 4194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emilio Colombo & Luca Stanca, 2003.
"Investment Decisions and the Soft Budget Constraint: Evidence from Hungarian Manufacturing Firms,"
68, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2003.
- Colombo, Emilio & Stanca, Luca, 2006. "Investment decisions and the soft budget constraint: evidence from Hungarian manufacturing firms," MPRA Paper 18708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karel Janda, 2004. "Bankruptcy Procedures with Ex Post Moral Hazard," Working Papers IES 61, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised 2004.
- Rainer Haselmann & Katharina Pistor & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "How Law Affects Lending," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(2), pages 549-580, February.
- Alan Bevan & Saul Estrin & Mark E. Schaffer, 1999. "Determinants of Enterprise Performance during Transition," CERT Discussion Papers 9903, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Hainz, Christa, 2009.
"Creditor passivity: The effects of bank competition and institutions on the strategic use of bankruptcy filings,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 582-596, December.
- Christa Hainz, 2007. "Creditor Passivity: The Effects of Bank Competition and Institutions on the Strategic Use of Bankruptcy Filings," CESifo Working Paper Series 2179, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hainz, Christa, 2007. "Creditor Passivity: The Effects of Bank Competition and Institutions on the Strategic Use of Bankruptcy Filings," Discussion Papers in Economics 2028, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Nivorozhkin, Eugene, 2004. "Financing Choices of Firms in EU Accession Countries," Ratio Working Papers 33, The Ratio Institute.
- Marica Frangakis, 1998. "Bank Reform in Greece with reference to Eastern Europe. The Case of the Hellenic Industrial Development Bank S.A," CERT Discussion Papers 9811, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Katsumi FUJIWARA, 2005. "The Development and Performance of the Bankruptcy System in Contemporary Russia," The Journal of Comparative Economic Studies (JCES), The Japanese Society for Comparative Economic Studies (JSCES), vol. 1, pages 59-78, July.
- Robbie Mochrie, 2000. "An Appraisal of Debt Relief for Poor Countries," CERT Discussion Papers 0005, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
More about this item
KeywordsHungary; bankruptcy; soft budgeet constraints; transition economies; trade credit; bad debt;
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-TRA-2001-12-19 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:1999-255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .