Trade in'virtual carbon': empirical results and implications for policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Klose, Andreas & Drexl, Andreas, 2005. "Facility location models for distribution system design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 4-29, April.
- Parshall, Lily & Pillai, Dana & Mohan, Shashank & Sanoh, Aly & Modi, Vijay, 2009. "National electricity planning in settings with low pre-existing grid coverage: Development of a spatial model and case study of Kenya," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2395-2410, June.
- Kebede, Ellene & Kagochi, John & Jolly, Curtis M., 2010. "Energy consumption and economic development in Sub-Sahara Africa," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 532-537, May.
- Neij, Lena, 2008. "Cost development of future technologies for power generation--A study based on experience curves and complementary bottom-up assessments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2200-2211, June.
- Kevin Ummel & David Wheeler, 2008. "Desert Power: The Economics of Solar Thermal Electricity for Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East," Working Papers 156, Center for Global Development.
- Piet Buys & Uwe Deichmann & Craig Meisner & Thao Ton That & David Wheeler, 2009.
"Country stakes in climate change negotiations: two dimensions of vulnerability,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 288-305, May.
- Buys, Piet & Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Ton-That, Thao & Wheeler, David, 2007. "Country stakes in climate change negotiations : two dimensions of vulnerability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4300, The World Bank.
- Martinez, Daniel M. & Ebenhack, Ben W., 2008. "Understanding the role of energy consumption in human development through the use of saturation phenomena," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1430-1435, April.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Barnes, Douglas F. & Samad, Hussain A., 2009. "Welfare impacts of rural electrification : a case study from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4859, The World Bank.
- Gabaix, Xavier & Ioannides, Yannis M., 2004.
"The evolution of city size distributions,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 53, pages 2341-2378
- Xavier Gabaix & Yannis M. Ioannides, 2003. "The Evolution of City Size Distributions," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0310, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dieter Helm & Cameron Hepburn & Giovanni Ruta, 2012.
"Trade, climate change, and the political game theory of border carbon adjustments,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 368-394, SUMMER.
- Dieter Helm & Cameron Hepburn & Giovanni Ruta, 2012. "Trade, climate change and the political game theory of border carbon adjustments," GRI Working Papers 80, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Louis Dupuy & Matthew Agarwala, 2014. "International trade and sustainable development," Chapters,in: Handbook of Sustainable Development, chapter 25, pages 399-417 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Misato Sato, 2014.
"Embodied Carbon In Trade: A Survey Of The Empirical Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 831-861, December.
- Misato Sato, 2012. "Embodied carbon in trade: a survey of the empirical literature," GRI Working Papers 77, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Youguo Zhang, 2012. "Scale, Technique and Composition Effects in Trade-Related Carbon Emissions in China," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(3), pages 371-389, March.
- Marta Antonelli & Martina Sartori, 2014.
"Unfolding the Potential of the Virtual Water Concept. What is still under debate?,"
IEFE Working Papers
74, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Antonelli, Marta & Sartori, Martina, 2014. "Unfolding the potential of the Virtual Water concept. What is still under debate?," MPRA Paper 60501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carol McAusland & Nouri Najjar, 2015. "Carbon Footprint Taxes," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 61(1), pages 37-70, May.
- Alessandro Antimiani & Valeria Costantini & Chiara Martini & Luca Salvatici, 2011. "Cooperative and non-cooperative solutions to carbon leakage," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0136, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Weitzel, Matthias & Ma, Tao, 2014.
"Emissions embodied in Chinese exports taking into account the special export structure of China,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 45-52.
- Weitzel, Matthias & Tao, Ma, 2013. "Emissions embodied in Chinese exports taking into account the special export structure of China," Kiel Working Papers 1885, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Morihiro Yomogida & Nori Tarui, 2013.
"Emission Taxes and Border Tax Adjustments for Oligopolistic Industries,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 644-673, December.
- Morihiro Yomogida & Nori Tarui, 2013. "Emission Taxes and Border Tax Adjustments for Oligopolistic Industries," Working Papers 201317, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Nicole A. MATHYS & Jaime DE MELO, 2011.
"The Political Economy of Climate Change Policies: Political Economy Aspects of Climate Change Mitigation Efforts,"
- Nicole A. MATHYS & Jaime DE MELO, 2011. "The Political Economy of Climate Change Policies: Political Economy Aspects of Climate Change Mitigation Efforts," Working Papers P24, FERDI.
- Chen, G. & Chen, B. & Zhou, H. & Dai, P., 2013. "Life cycle carbon emission flow analysis for electricity supply system: A case study of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1276-1284.
- Douglas, Stratford & Nishioka, Shuichiro, 2012.
"International differences in emissions intensity and emissions content of global trade,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 415-427.
- Stratford Douglas & Shuichiro Nishioka, 2009. "International Differences in Emissions Intensity and Emissions Content of Global Trade," Working Papers 09-02, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Stratford Douglas & Shuichiro Nishioka, 2010. "International Differences in Emissions Intensity and Emissions Content of Global Trade," Working Papers 10-19, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Kala Krishna, 2011. "Limiting Emissions and Trade: Some Basic Ideas," NBER Chapters,in: The Design and Implementation of U.S. Climate Policy, pages 53-61 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mehdi Abbas, 2013. "Libre-échange et changements climatiques : " soutien mutuel " ou divergence ?," Post-Print halshs-00844818, HAL.
- Sato, Misato, 2014.
"Product level embodied carbon flows in bilateral trade,"
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 106-117.
- Sato, Misato, 2014. "Product level embodied carbon flows in bilateral trade," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57232, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- M. Antonelli & R. Roson & M. Sartori, 2012. "Systemic Input-Output Computation of Green and Blue Virtual Water ‘Flows’ with an Illustration for the Mediterranean Region," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 26(14), pages 4133-4146, November.
- López, Luis Antonio & Arce, Guadalupe & Zafrilla, Jorge Enrique, 2013. "Parcelling virtual carbon in the pollution haven hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 177-186.
- Paola Rocchi & Iñaki Arto & Jordi Roca & Mònica Serrano, 2015. "Carbon-motivated border tax adjustment: a proposal for the EU," UB Economics Working Papers 2015/327, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB Economics.
- Antimiani, Alessandro & Costantini, Valeria & Martini, Chiara & Salvatici, Luca & Tommasino, Maria Cristina, 2013. "Assessing alternative solutions to carbon leakage," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 299-311.
- Jan T. Mizgajski, 2013. "CO2 Embodied in Trade between Poland and Selected Countries," Journal of Economic Development, Environment and People, Alliance of Central-Eastern European Universities, vol. 2(4), pages 48-60, September.
- Xia, Yan & Fan, Ying & Yang, Cuihong, 2015. "Assessing the impact of foreign content in China’s exports on the carbon outsourcing hypothesis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 296-307.
- Aaditya Mattoo & Arvind Subramanian & Dominique Mensbrugghe & Jianwu He, 2013. "Trade effects of alternative carbon border-tax schemes," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 149(3), pages 587-609, September.
- Roberto Roson & Martina Sartori, 2010.
"Water Scarcity and Virtual Water Trade in the Mediterranean,"
2010_08, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Roberto Roson & Martina Sartori, 2011. "Water Scarcity and Virtual Water Trade in the Mediterranean," EcoMod2011 2827, EcoMod.
- Chang, Ning, 2013. "Sharing responsibility for carbon dioxide emissions: A perspective on border tax adjustments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 850-856.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Environmental Economics&Policies; Climate Change Economics; Economic Theory&Research; Environment and Energy Efficiency;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-04-17 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-04-17 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .