The impact of remittances on labor supply : the case of Jamaica
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Duryea, Suzanne & Hoek, Jasper & Lam, david & Levison, Deborah, 2005. "Dynamics of child labor : labor force entry and exit in urban Brazil," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 32744, The World Bank.
- Lorenzo Guarcello & Fabrizia Mealli & Furio Rosati, 2010.
"Household vulnerability and child labor: the effect of shocks, credit rationing, and insurance,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(1), pages 169-198, January.
- Guarcelllo, Lorenzo & Mealli, Fabrizia & Rosati, Furio Camillo, 2003. "Household vulnerability and child labor : the effect of shocks, credit rationing and insurance," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29136, The World Bank.
- Kaushik Basu & Zafiris Tzannatos, 2003.
"The Global Child Labor Problem: What Do We Know and What Can We Do?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 147-173, December.
- Basu, Kaushik & Tzannatos, Zafiris, 2003. "The Global Child Labor Problem: What Do We Know and What Can We Do?," Working Papers 03-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Rajeev Dehejia & Roberta Gatti, 2002. "Child Labor: The Role of Income Variability and Access to Credit Across Countries," NBER Working Papers 9018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghazi Ibrahim Al-Assaf, 2016. "Do International Remittances Affect the Performance of Labor Market in Jordan? An Impirical Investigation," Working Papers 1014, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2016.
- Arouri, Mohamed & Ben Youssef, Adel & Nguyen, Cuong, 2017.
"Does urbanization reduce rural poverty? Evidence from Vietnam,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 253-270.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Cuong Nguyen-Viet, 2016. "Does Urbanization Reduce Rural Poverty? Evidence from Vietnam," Post-Print halshs-01384725, HAL.
- Lim, Sokchea & Morshed, A.K.M. Mahbub, 2015. "International migration, migrant stock, and remittances: Reexamining the motivations to remit," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 101-115.
- Görlich, Dennis & Omar Mahmoud, Toman & Trebesch, Christoph, 2007. "Explaining labour market inactivity in migrant-sending families: Housework, hammock, or higher education?," Kiel Working Papers 1391, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14850 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2010. "Cape Verde : Initial Assessment of the Formal Labor Market," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2986, The World Bank.
- Francisca M. Antman, 2013. "The impact of migration on family left behind," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 16, pages 293-308 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- World Bank, 2008. "Jordan - Resolving Jordan's Labor Market Paradox of Concurrent Economic Growth and High Unemployment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 18907, The World Bank.
- Leonardo Bonilla Mejía, 2016.
"Choques externos y remesas internacionales en las regiones de Colombia,"
Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana
250, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Leonardo Bonilla Mejía, 2016. "Choques externos y remesas internacionales en las regiones de Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÍA REGIONAL Y URBANA 015253, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
- World Bank, 2012. "Jamaica : Poverty and Social Impacts of Fiscal Reforms," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12755, The World Bank.
- Mora, J.J., 2013. "Gender differences between remittances and labor participation in developing countries: A cross-section analysis of Colombia in year 2008," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(1), pages 99-112.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:438-450 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:chieco:v:46:y:2017:i:s:p:s77-s101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lim, Sokchea & Simmons, Walter O., 2015. "Do remittances promote economic growth in the Caribbean Community and Common Market?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 42-59.
- Binzel, Christine & Assaad, Ragui, 2011.
"Egyptian men working abroad: Labour supply responses by the women left behind,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 98-114.
- Binzel, Christine & Assaad, Ragui, 2011. "Egyptian Men Working Abroad: Labor Supply Responses by the Women Left Behind," IZA Discussion Papers 5589, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Costin-Alexandru Ciupureanu, 2014. "Does Emigration Affects Wages? A Case Study on Romania," Finante - provocarile viitorului (Finance - Challenges of the Future), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(16), pages 177-181, December.
- Lokshin, Michael & Glinskaya, Elena, 2008. "The effect of male migration for work on employment patterns of females in nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4757, The World Bank.
- Mahalia Jackman, 2014. "A Note on the Labor Market Effects of Remittances in Latin American and Caribbean Countries: Do Thresholds Exist?," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 52(1), pages 52-67, March.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor Markets; Population Policies; Remittances; Banks&Banking Reform; Economic Growth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .