What does political economy tell us about economic development - and vice versa?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten, 2007.
"Political risk, institutions and foreign direct investment,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 397-415, June.
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten, 2005. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment," Discussion Paper Series 26388, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Hefeker, Carsten & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment," HWWA Discussion Papers 315, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Garance Genicot ⓡ & Laurent Bouton ⓡ & Micael Castanheira ⓡ, 2018.
"Electoral Systems and Inequalities in Government Interventions,"
NBER Working Papers
25205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garance Génicot & Laurent Bouton & Micael Castanheira De Moura, 2020. "Electoral Systems and Inequalities in Government Interventions," Working Papers ECARES 2020-44, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Garance Genicot & Laurent Bouton & Michael Castanheira, 2018. "Electoral Systems and Inequalities in Government Interventions," Working Papers gueconwpa~18-18-19, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Bandeira, Pablo, 2008. "La relación entre las instituciones y el desarrollo económico de las naciones [The relationship between institutions and economic development]," MPRA Paper 13371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avinash Dixit, 2007.
"Evaluating Recipes for Development Success,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 22(2), pages 131-157, June.
- Sue, Eddie D.W. & Wong, Wei-Kang, 2010. "The political economy of housing prices: Hedonic pricing with regression discontinuity," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 133-144, June.
- Akramov, Kamiljon T. & Qureshi, Sarfraz & Birner, Regina & Khan, Bilal Hasan, 2008. "Decentralization, local government elections and voter turnout in Pakistan:," IFPRI discussion papers 754, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Martin Ardanaz & Carlos Scartascini, 2014.
"The economic effects of constitutions: do budget institutions make forms of government more alike?,"
Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 301-329, September.
- Scartascini, Carlos & Ardanaz, Martín, 2013. "The Economic Effects of Constitutions: Do Budget Institutions Make Forms of Government More Alike?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4604, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Martin Ardanaz & Carlos Scartascini, 2013. "The Economic Effects of Constitutions: Do Budget Institutions Make Forms of Government More Alike?," Research Department Publications IDB-WP-427, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Dixit Avinash K, 2010. "Democracy, Autocracy and Bureaucracy," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-47, January.
- Manuel Palma-Rangel, 2006. "Institutions and development in Mexico. Are formal economic reforms enough?," Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business, vol. 21(2), pages 83-103, December.
- Bryan K. Ritchie, 2010. "Systemic Vulnerability and Sustainable Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13731.
- Carro Fernandez, Martha, 2007. "Welcoming Foreign Direct Investment? A Political Economy Approach to FDI Policies in Argentina and Brazil," MPRA Paper 47252, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pereira, Carlos & Teles, Vladimir Kuhl, 2009. "Political institutions as substitute for democracy: a political economy analysis of economic growth," Textos para discussão 196, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Katja Kalkschmied, 2020. "Rebundling Institutions," Graz Economics Papers 2020-03, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Erdal Atukeren, 2006. "Politico-Economic Determinants of the Crowding-in Effects of Public Investments in Developing Countries," KOF Working papers 06-126, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Voigt, Stefan, 2011. "Empirical constitutional economics: Onward and upward?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 319-330.
- Temple, Jonathan R.W., 2010. "Aid and Conditionality," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Dani Rodrik & Mark Rosenzweig (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 4415-4523, Elsevier.
- Deval Desai & Michael Woolcock, 2012. "The politics of rule of law systems in developmental states: 'political settlements' as a basis for promoting effective justice institutions for marginalized groups," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series esid-008-12, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- World Bank, 2008. "The Political Economy of Policy Reform : Issues and Implications for Policy Dialogue and Development Operations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7782, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsParliamentary Government; Decentralization; National Governance; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; National Governance; Economic Theory&Research; Parliamentary Government; Environmental Economics&Policies; Governance Indicators;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2004-08-16 (Development)
- NEP-HPE-2004-09-12 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2004-09-12 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-POL-2004-09-12 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.