Central Banks as Lenders of Last Resort - Trendy or Passe?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Longworth, 2003. "Money in the Bank (of Canada)," Technical Reports 93, Bank of Canada.
- Humphrey, Thomas M., 2003. "Knut Wicksell and Gustav Cassel on the Cumulative Process and the Price-Stabilizing Policy Rule," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 199-220, June.
- Laidler,David, 1999. "Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521641739, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Tucker, 2014. "The lender of last resort and modern central banking: principles and reconstruction," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Re-thinking the lender of last resort, volume 79, pages 10-42 Bank for International Settlements.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777.
- Frank Milne, 2008. "Anatomy of the Credit Crisis: The role of Faulty Risk Management Systems," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 269, July.
- C. Sardoni, 2006. "Why Central Banks (and Money) Rule the Roost," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_457, Levy Economics Institute.
- Cecile Bastidon & Philippe Gilles & Nicolas Huchet, 2008. "A Selective Bail-Out International Lending of Last Resort Model," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(1), pages 103-114, May.
- Bastidon, Cécile & Gilles, Philippe & Huchet, Nicolas, 2008.
"The international lender of last resort and selective bail-out,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 144-152, June.
- Cécile Bastidon & Philippe Gilles & Nicolas Huchet, 2008. "The international lender of last resort and selective bail-out," Post-Print hal-01298849, HAL.
- David Laidler, 2013. "Reassessing the Thesis of the Monetary History," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20135, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; central bank; financial crisis; liquidity;
- B12 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Classical (includes Adam Smith)
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2004-12-12 (Central Banking)
- NEP-PKE-2004-12-12 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwo:epuwoc:20048. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/epri_workingpapers.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .