Edgeworth on the Foundations of Ethics and Probability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alberto Baccini, 2007. "Edgeworth on the foundations of ethics and probability," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 79-96.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Baccini, 2004. "High pressure and black clouds: Keynes and the frequentist theory of probability," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 653-666, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stavros Drakopoulos & Ioannis Katselidis, 2015.
"From Edgeworth to econophysics: a methodological perspective,"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 77-95, March.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Katselidis, Ioannis, 2013. "From Edgeworth to Econophysics: A Methodological Perspective," MPRA Paper 46975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tomoyuki Uemiya, 2008. "F.Y. Edgeworth’s Mathematical Psychics and his Utilitarianism: The Derivation from the ‘Sidgwick-Barratt Controversy’," Discussion Paper Series 37, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Mar 2008.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A., 2014. "Mathematical Psychics and Hydraulics: The Methodological Influence of Edgeworth and Fisher," MPRA Paper 52981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsF.Y. Edgeworth; Probability; Utilitarianism;
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Wicksellian)
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desieit.html .