Retirement and cognitive development: are the retired really inactive?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andries de Grip & Arnaud Dupuy & Jelle Jolles & Martin van Boxtel, 2012. "Retirement and Cognitive Development: Are the Retired Really Inactive?," Working Papers 2012/14, Maastricht School of Management.
- DE GRIP Andries & DUPUY Arnaud & JOLLES Jelle & VAN BOXTEL Martin, 2013. "Retirement and Cognitive Development: Are the Retired Really Inactive?," LISER Working Paper Series 2013-11, LISER.
- de Grip, A. & Dupuy, A. & Jolles, J. & van Boxtel, M.P., 2012. "Retirement and cognitive development: are the retired really inactive?," Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
References listed on IDEAS
- Coe, Norma B. & Zamarro, Gema, 2011. "Retirement effects on health in Europe," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 77-86, January.
- Andries de Grip & Hans Bosma & Dick Willems & Martin van Boxtel, 2008.
"Job-worker mismatch and cognitive decline,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(2), pages 237-253, April.
- Grip Andries de & Bosma Hans & Willems Dick & Boxtel Martin van, 2005. "Job-worker Mismatch and Cognitive Decline," ROA Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- de Grip, Andries & Bosma, Hans & Willems, Dick & van Boxtel, Martin, 2007. "Job-Worker Mismatch and Cognitive Decline," IZA Discussion Papers 2956, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Calvo, Esteban & Haverstick, Kelly & Sass, Steven, 2007.
"What Makes Retirees Happier: A Gradual or 'Cold Turkey' Retirement?,"
5607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Esteban Calvo & Kelly Haverstick & Steven A. Sass, 2007. "What Makes Retirees Happier: A Gradual or 'Cold Turkey' Retirement?," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2007-18, Center for Retirement Research, revised Oct 2007.
- Bruno, Giovanni S.F., 2005.
"Approximating the bias of the LSDV estimator for dynamic unbalanced panel data models,"
Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 361-366, June.
- Giovanni S.F. Bruno, 2004. "Approximating the Bias of the LSDV Estimator for Dynamic Unbalanced Panel Data Models," KITeS Working Papers 159, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2004.
- Bonsang, Eric & Adam, Stéphane & Perelman, Sergio, 2012.
"Does retirement affect cognitive functioning?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 490-501.
- Bonsang Eric & Adam StÃ©phane & Perelman Sergio, 2010. "Does Retirement Affect Cognitive Functioning?," ROA Research Memorandum 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Bonsang Eric & Adam StÃ©phane & Perelman Sergio, 2010. "Does Retirement Affect Cognitive Functioning?," Research Memorandum 005, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Dhaval Dave & R. Inas Rashad & Jasmina Spasojevic, 2008.
"The Effects of Retirement on Physical and Mental Health Outcomes,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 497-523, October.
- Dhaval Dave & Inas Rashad & Jasmina Spasojevic, 2006. "The Effects of Retirement on Physical and Mental Health Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 12123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vivian H. Hamilton & Philip Merrigan & Éric Dufresne, 1997. "Down and out: estimating the relationship between mental health and unemployment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 397-406.
- Norma B. Coe & Hans‐Martin von Gaudecker & Maarten Lindeboom & Jürgen Maurer, 2012. "The Effect Of Retirement On Cognitive Functioning," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 913-927, August.
- Susann Rohwedder & Robert J. Willis, 2010. "Mental Retirement," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 119-138, Winter.
- Costa, Dora L., 1998. "The Evolution of Retirement," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226116082, June.
- Robert B. Wallace & A. Regula Herzog, 1995. "Overview of the Health Measures in the Health and Retirement Study," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30, pages s84-s107.
- Jacob Mincer & Haim Ofek, 1982. "Interrupted Work Careers: Depreciation and Restoration of Human Capital," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 17(1), pages 3-24.
- Martin Browning & Anne Moller Dano & Eskil Heinesen, 2006. "Job displacement and stress-related health outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(10), pages 1061-1075.
- Winkelmann, Liliana & Winkelmann, Rainer, 1998. "Why Are the Unemployed So Unhappy? Evidence from Panel Data," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 1-15, February.
- Costa, Dora L, 1998. "The Evolution of Retirement: Summary of a Research Project," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 232-236, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sahlgren, Gabriel H., 2012. "Work ‘til You Drop: Short- and Longer-Term Health Effects of Retirement in Europe," Working Paper Series 928, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
More about this item
Keywordseducation; training and the labour market;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-06-13 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-06-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umaror:2012003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/romaanl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.