Armington Elasticities: Estimates for Uruguayan Manufacturing Sectors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Turrini, Alessandro, 1998.
"Endogenous education policy and increasing income inequality between skilled and unskilled workers,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 303-326, May.
- TURRINI, Alessandro, 1998. "Endogenous education policy and increasing income inequality between skilled and unskilled workers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1322, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jorge Saba Arbache & Andy Dickerson & Francis Green, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation and Wages in Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 73-96, February.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Yilmaz, Kuzey, 2003.
"Redistribution through education and other transfer mechanisms,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1719-1750, November.
- Eric Hanushek & Charles Ka Yui Leung & Kuzey Yilmaz, 2001. "Redistribution through Education and Other Transfer Mechanisms," NBER Working Papers 8588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanushek, Eric & Charles Ka Yui Leung & Kuzey Yilmaz, 2002. "Redistribution through Education and Other Transfer Mechanisms," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 94, Royal Economic Society.
- Weshah A. Razzak & Jason C. Timmins, 2008.
"A Macroeconomic Perspective On Skill Shortages And The Skill Premium In New Zealand ,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 74-91, March.
- Razzak, Weshah & Timmins, Jason, 2007. "A Macroeconomic perspective on skill shortages and the skill premium in New Zealand," MPRA Paper 1884, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Razzak, Weshah & Timmins, Jason, 2007. "A Macroeconomic perspective on skill shortages and the skill premium in New Zealand," MPRA Paper 1886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lisandro Abrego & John Whalley, 2003. "Goods market responses to trade shocks and trade and wages decompositions," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(3), pages 747-757, August.
- Kiley, Michael T, 1999.
"The Supply of Skilled Labour and Skill-Biased Technological Progress,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(458), pages 708-724, October.
- Michael T. Kiley, 1997. "The supply of skilled labor and skill-based technological progress," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-45, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2001.
"International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 541-563, July.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment Updates and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bas Jacobs, 2004. "The Lost Race between Schooling and Technology," De Economist, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 47-78, March.
- Atolia, Manoj, 2007.
"Trade liberalization and rising wage inequality in Latin America: Reconciliation with HOS theory,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 467-494, April.
- Manoj Atolia, 2002. "Trade Liberalization and Rising Wage Inequality in Latin America: Reconciliation with HOS Theory," Working Papers wp2002_03_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised Feb 2006.
- Birdsall, Nancy & Ross, David & Sabot, Richard, 1995.
"Inequality and Growth Reconsidered: Lessons from East Asia,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 477-508, September.
- Richard Sabot & David Ross & Nancy Birdsall, 2016. "Inequality and Growth Reconsidered: Lessons from East Asia," Working Papers id:8848, eSocialSciences.
- Menezes-Filho, Naercio & Scorzafave, Luiz, 2009. "Employment and Inequality of Outcomes in Brazil," Insper Working Papers wpe_200, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Mamoon, Dawood & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2008. "Unequal skill premiums and trade liberalization: Is education the missing link?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 262-266, August.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2003. "Patterns of Skill Premia," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 199-230.
- Antonio Avalos & Andreas Savvides, 2006. "The Manufacturing Wage Inequality in Latin America and East Asia: Openness, Technology Transfer, and Labor Supply," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 553-576, November.
- Rossana Patrón, 2008. "Early school dropouts in developing countries: An integer approach to guide intervention. The case of Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1608, Department of Economics - dECON.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen Estrades & Cecilia Llambí, 2013. "Lessons from the 2008 Financial Crisis: Policy Responses to External Shocks in Uruguay," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 51(3), pages 233-259, September.
- Cecilia Llambi & Silvia Laens & Marcelo Perera & Mery Ferrando, 2011. "Assessing the Impact of the 2007 Tax Reform on Povert and Inequality in Uruguay," Working Papers PMMA 2011-14, PEP-PMMA.
- Estrades, Carmen & Llambí, Cecilia & Perera, Marcelo & Rovira, Flavia, 2016. "Large-scale mining in a small developing country: Macroeconomic impacts of revenue allocation policies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 433-443.
- Cecilia Llambi & Silvia Laens & Marcelo Perera, 2016. "Assessing the Impacts of a Major Tax Reform: a CGE-microsimulation analysis for Uruguay," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 9(1), pages 134-166.
More about this item
KeywordsArmington elasticity; Substitutability; Computable General Equilibrium Model.;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:0710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Doneschi) or (Héctor Pastori). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/derauuy.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .