Introduction to Price and Productivity Measurement for Housing
This paper provides a brief introduction to a proposed new opportunity cost treatment of owner occupied housing in measures of inflation for the United States. In addition, the paper introduces, and provides links to, a collection of nine other papers that discuss various aspects of the treatment of owner occupied housing in measures of inflation for a number of nations including Canada, Germany, Iceland and the United States.
|Date of creation:||05 Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:||12 Mar 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.economics.ubc.ca/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bert M. Balk & W. Erwin Diewert & Alice O. Nakamura, 2009.
"Introduction to price and productivity measurement for housing,"
09-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Balk, Bert M. & Diewert, Erwin & Nakamura, Alice O., 2009. "Introduction to Price and Productivity Measurement for Housing," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-18, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 12 Mar 2009.
- Randal Verbrugge, 2008. "The Puzzling Divergence Of Rents And User Costs, 1980-2004," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(4), pages 671-699, December.
- Randal Verbrugge, 2009. "The Puzzling Divergence of Rents and User Costs, 1980-2004," Working Papers 422, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Alice O. Nakamura, 2009. "Accounting for housing in a CPI," Working Papers 09-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Diewert, Erwin & Nakamura, Alice O., 2009. "Accounting for Housing in a CPI," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-19, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 12 Mar 2009.
- Theodore M. Crone & Leonard I. Nakamura & Richard Voith, 2004. "Hedonic estimates of the cost of housing services: rental and owner-occupied units," Working Papers 04-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)