Understanding Inappropriateness in Health Care. The Role of Supply Structure, Pricing Policies and Political Institutions in Caesarean Deliveries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maura Francese & Massimiliano Piacenza & Marzia Romanelli & Gilberto Turati, 2011. "Understanding Inappropriateness in Health Care: The Role of Supply Structure, Pricing Policies and Political Institutions in Caesarean Deliveries," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1439, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Paul Elhorst & Sandy Fréret, 2009. "Evidence Of Political Yardstick Competition In France Using A Two-Regime Spatial Durbin Model With Fixed Effects," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(5), pages 931-951.
- A. Bhargava & L. Franzini & W. Narendranathan, 2006. "Serial Correlation and the Fixed Effects Model," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 4, pages 61-77 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Daniele Fabbri & Chiara Monfardini, 2008.
"Style of practice and assortative mating: a recursive probit analysis of Caesarean section scheduling in Italy,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(11), pages 1411-1423.
- D. Fabbri & C. Monfardini, 2006. "Style of practice and assortative mating: a recursive probit analysis of cesarean section scheduling in Italy," Working Papers 557, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Daniele Fabbri & Chiara Monfardini, 2006. "Style of practice and assortative mating: a recursive probit analysis of cesarean section scheduling in Italy," CHILD Working Papers wp06_06, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Dasgupta, Sugato & Dhillon, Amrita & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2009.
"Electoral goals and center-state transfers: A theoretical model and empirical evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Dasgupta, Sugato & Dhillon, Amrita & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2008. "Electoral Goals and Center-State Transfers: A Theoretical Model and Empirical Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 3376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wiji Arulampalam & Sugato Dasgupta & Amrita Dhillon & Bhaskar Dutta, 2008. "Electoral goals and center-state transfers: A Theoretical model and empirical evidence from India," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-14, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Jon H. Fiva, 2006. "New Evidence on the Effect of Fiscal Decentralization on the Size and Composition of Government Spending," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 62(2), pages 250-280, June.
- Borge, Lars-Erik & Rattsø, Jørn, 2008.
"Property taxation as incentive for cost control: Empirical evidence for utility services in Norway,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 1035-1054, August.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Jørn Rattsø, 2003. "Property taxation as incentive for cost control: Empirical evidence for utility services in Norway," ERSA conference papers ersa03p219, European Regional Science Association.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Jørn Rattsø, 2006. "Property taxation as incentive for cost control:Empirical evidence for utility services in Norway," Working Paper Series 7606, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Massimiliano Piacenza & Gilberto Turati, 2014.
"Does Fiscal Discipline Towards Subnational Governments Affect Citizens' Well‐Being? Evidence On Health,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 199-224, February.
- Massimiliano Piacenza & Gilberto Turati, 2010. "Does fiscal discipline towards sub-national governments affect citizens’ well-being? evidence on health," Working Papers 2010/56, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Massimiliano Piacenza & Gilberto Turati, 2010. "Does Fiscal Discipline towards Sub-national Governments Affect Citizens' Well-being? Evidence on Health," Working papers 12, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Salmon, Pierre, 1987.
"Decentralisation as an Incentive Scheme,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 24-43, Summer.
- SALMON, Pierre, 1987. "Decentralization as an incentive scheme," Institut des Mathématiques Economiques – Document de travail de l’I.M.E. (1974-1993) 98, Institut des Mathématiques Economiques. LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Maura Francese & Marzia Romanelli, 2011. "Healthcare in Italy: expenditure determinants and regional differentials," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 828, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ernesto Dal Bó & Martín Rossi, 2008. "Term Length and Political Performance," NBER Working Papers 14511, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grant, Darren, 2009.
"Physician financial incentives and cesarean delivery: New conclusions from the healthcare cost and utilization project,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 244-250, January.
- Darren Grant, 2008. "Physician Financial Incentives and Cesarean Delivery: New Conclusions from the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project," Working Papers 0801, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 814-823, December.
- Gruber, Jon & Kim, John & Mayzlin, Dina, 1999. "Physician fees and procedure intensity: the case of cesarean delivery," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 473-490, August.
- McGuire, Thomas G. & Pauly, Mark V., 1991. "Physician response to fee changes with multiple payers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 385-410.
- Dubay, Lisa & Kaestner, Robert & Waidmann, Timothy, 1999. "The impact of malpractice fears on cesarean section rates," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 491-522, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maura Francese & Marzia Romanelli, 2014. "Is there room for containing healthcare costs? An analysis of regional spending differentials in Italy," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(2), pages 117-132, March.
More about this item
Keywordshealth care; inappropriateness; regional disparities; pricing policy; political economy;
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tur:wpapnw:001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Pellegrino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dstorit.html .