Uncertain Demand, Consumer Loss Aversion, and Flat-Rate Tariffs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fabian Herweg & Konrad Mierendorff, 2013. "Uncertain Demand, Consumer Loss Aversion, And Flat-Rate Tariffs," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 399-432, April.
- Fabian Herweg & Konrad Mierendorff, 2011. "Uncertain demand, consumer loss aversion, and flat-rate tariffs," ECON - Working Papers 012, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Herweg, Fabian & Mierendorff, Konrad, 2013. "Uncertain Demand, Consumer Loss Aversion, and Flat-Rate Tariffs," Munich Reprints in Economics 19420, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, Mark & Vickers, John, 2001. "Competitive Price Discrimination," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 579-605, Winter.
- Botond Kőszegi & Matthew Rabin, 2006.
"A Model of Reference-Dependent Preferences,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(4), pages 1133-1165.
- Koszegi, Botond & Rabin, Matthew, 2004. "A Model of Reference-Dependent Preferences," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0w82b6nm, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Botond Koszegi & Matthew Rabin, 2005. "A Model of Reference-Dependent Preferences," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000341, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Botond Koszegi & Matthew Rabin, 2004. "A Model of Reference-Dependent Preferences," Method and Hist of Econ Thought 0407001, EconWPA.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Lars A. Stole, 2002. "Nonlinear Pricing with Random Participation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 277-311.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004. "Putting Auction Theory to Work," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521536721, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karle, Heiko & Peitz, Martin, 2017.
"De-targeting: Advertising an assortment of products to loss-averse consumers,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 103-124.
- Karle, Heiko & Peitz, Martin, 2016. "De-targeting: advertising an assortment of products to loss-averse consumers," Working Papers 16-03, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Stefanie Lena Hille, 2016. "The Myth of the Unscrupulous Energy User’s Dilemma: Evidence from Switzerland," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 327-347, September.
- repec:spr:joecth:v:65:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s00199-017-1035-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jong-Hee Hahn & Jinwoo Kim & Sang-Hyun Kim & Jihong Lee, 2016. "Price Discrimination with Loss Averse Consumers," Working papers 2016rwp-97, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Michael Grubb, 2015. "Behavioral Consumers in Industrial Organization: An Overview," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 47(3), pages 247-258, November.
- Michael D. Grubb, 2015. "Behavioral Consumers in Industrial Organization," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 879, Boston College Department of Economics.
- repec:bla:jemstr:v:25:y:2016:i:4:p:958-989 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Lange, Mirjam R. J., 2014.
"The impact of tariff diversity on broadband diffusion: An empirical analysis,"
25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014
101403, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Lange, Mirjam R. J., 2014. "The impact of tariff diversity on broadband diffusion: An empirical analysis," DICE Discussion Papers 156, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Haucap, Justus & Heimesho, Ulrich & Lange, Mirjam R. J., 2014. "The impact of tariff diversity on broadband diffusion: An empirical analysis," 20th ITS Biennial Conference, Rio de Janeiro 2014: The Net and the Internet - Emerging Markets and Policies 106898, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Rosato, Antonio, 2017. "Sequential negotiations with loss-averse buyers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 290-304.
- Heiko Karle & Martin Peitz, 2014. "Competition under consumer loss aversion," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 45(1), pages 1-31, March.
- repec:eee:gamebe:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:681-705 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:juecon:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:31-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kohei Daido & Takeshi Murooka, 2016.
"Team Incentives and Reference-Dependent Preferences,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 958-989, December.
- Kohei Daido & Takeshi Murooka, 2011. "Team Incentives and Reference-Dependent Preferences," Discussion Paper Series 70, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised May 2011.
- Courty, Pascal & Nasiry, Javad, 2015. "Loss Aversion and the Uniform Pricing Puzzle for Vertically Differentiated Products," CEPR Discussion Papers 10523, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:143:y:2017:i:c:p:165-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daido, Kohei & Morita, Kimiyuki & Murooka, Takeshi & Ogawa, Hiromasa, 2013. "Task assignment under agent loss aversion," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 35-38.
- Isabel Günther & Johannes K. Maier, 2014.
"Poverty, Vulnerability, and Reference-Dependent Utility,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(1), pages 155-181, March.
- Günther, Isabel & Maier, Johannes, 2013. "Poverty, Vulnerability, and Reference Dependent Utility," WIDER Working Paper Series 140, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:kap:jrisku:v:55:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11166-017-9269-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer Loss Aversion; Flat-Rate Tariffs; Nonlinear Pricing; Uncertain Demand;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-08-28 (Business Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2010-08-28 (Marketing)
- NEP-REG-2010-08-28 (Regulation)
- NEP-UPT-2010-08-28 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trf:wpaper:330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .