Usury, Calvinism, and Credit in Protestant England: from the Sixteenth Century to the Industrial Revolution
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan Behringer, 2016. "The Development of the Net Present Value (NPV) Rule ¨C Religious Prohibitions and Its Evolution," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 6, pages 74-87, August.
- M. G. Hayes, 2017. "Keynesâ€™s liquidity preference and the usury doctrine: their connection and continuing policy relevance," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 75(4), pages 400-416, October.
- Mark Hayes, 2015. "Keynes, the Pope and the IMF," Working Papers PKWP1502, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
More about this item
Keywordsusury; interest; annuities; bonds; public finance; bills of exchange; discounting; Scholastics; Old and New Testaments; Calvin; Luther; Protestant Reformers; Dissenters; Financial Revolution; England;
- B11 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Preclassical (Ancient, Medieval, Mercantilist, Physiocratic)
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N94 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2011-07-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-439. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.