Back to Basics: A New Look at Gate-revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor A. Matheson, 2005. "Contrary Evidence on the Economic Effect of the Super Bowl on the Victorious City," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 6(4), pages 420-428, November.
- Dennis Coates, 2006. "The Tax Benefits of Hosting the Super Bowl and the MLB All-Star Game: The Houston Experience," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 1(4), pages 239-252, November.
- Victor Matheson & Robert Baade, 2004. "Padding Required: Assessing the Economic Impact of the Super Bowl," Working Papers 0403, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Victor Matheson & Robert Baade, 2005. "A Fall Classic? Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Series," Working Papers 0501, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Robert Baade & Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson, 2006.
"The Economic Consequences of Professional Sports Strikes and Lockouts: Revisited,"
0604, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Robert Baade & Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson, 2006. "The Economic Consequences of Professional Sports Strikes and Lockouts: Revisited," Working Papers 0609, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2002. "The Economic Impact of Postseason Play in Professional Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(3), pages 291-299, August.
- Robert A. Baade & Victor A. Matheson, 2001. "Home Run or Wild Pitch?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(4), pages 307-327, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michel Cavagnac, 2009. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance When Teams are not Wage Takers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(3), pages 299-313, November.
More about this item
KeywordsSport; Monopsony; Monopoly Power;
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-07-09 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2006-07-09 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SPO-2006-07-09 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .