Does Sanitation Affect Health Outcomes? Evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sharmani Barnard & Parimita Routray & Fiona Majorin & Rachel Peletz & Sophie Boisson & Antara Sinha & Thomas Clasen, 2013. "Impact of Indian Total Sanitation Campaign on Latrine Coverage and Use: A Cross-Sectional Study in Orissa Three Years following Programme Implementation," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(8), pages 1-8, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Michael Geruso & Dean Spears, 2018. "Neighborhood Sanitation and Infant Mortality," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 125-162, April.
- Britta Augsburg & Antonella Bancalari & Zara Durrani & Madhav Vaidyanathan & Zach White, 2021. "When nature calls back: sustaining behavioural change in rural Pakistan," IFS Working Papers W21/46, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- YuJung Julia Lee & Tiffany Radcliff, 2021. "Community interactions and sanitation use by the urban poor: Survey evidence from Indiaâ€™s slums," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 58(4), pages 715-732, March.
- Britta Augsburg & Bet Caeyers & Sara Giunti & Bansi Malde & Susanna Smets, 2020. "Labelled Loans and Human Capital Investments," IFS Working Papers W20/20, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Anna Lunn, 2020. "Urban family ties and household latrines in rural India: A cross-sectional analysis of national data," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(7), pages 1-19, July.
- Augsburg, Britta & Baquero, Juan Pablo & Gautam, Sanghmitra & Rodriguez-Lesmes, Paul, 2021.
"Sanitation and Marriage Markets in India: Evidence from the Total Sanitation Campaign,"
58sdf, Center for Open Science.
- Britta Augsburg & Juan P. Baquero & Sanghmitra Gautam & Paul Rodríguez-Lesmes, 2021. "Sanitation and marriage markets in India: evidence from the total sanitation campaign," IFS Working Papers W21/44, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Gautam, S & Augsburg, B & Baquero, J. P & Rodriguez, P, 2021. "Sanitation and Marriage Markets in India: Evidence from the Total Sanitation Campaign," Documentos de Trabajo 019624, Universidad del Rosario.
- Hammer, Jeffrey & Spears, Dean, 2016. "Village sanitation and child health: Effects and external validity in a randomized field experiment in rural India," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 135-148.
- Dean Spears & Sneha Lamba, 2016. "Effects of Early-Life Exposure to Sanitation on Childhood Cognitive Skills: Evidence from Indiaâ€™s Total Sanitation Campaign," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(2), pages 298-327.
- Marion W. Jenkins & Matthew C. Freeman & Parimita Routray, 2014. "Measuring the Safety of Excreta Disposal Behavior in India with the New Safe San Index: Reliability, Validity and Utility," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 11(8), pages 1-28, August.
- Sandeep Bansal & Geetha Ganesan, 2019. "Advanced Evaluation Methodology for Water Quality Assessment Using Artificial Neural Network Approach," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 33(9), pages 3127-3141, July.
- Coffey, Diane & Spears, Dean & Vyas, Sangita, 2017. "Switching to sanitation: Understanding latrine adoption in a representative panel of rural Indian households," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 41-50.
- Amrita Chatterjee & Shriya Agarwal, 2019. "Can Women Empowerment Help to Reduce Open Defecation in India: Evidence from NFHS 4," Working Papers 2019-186, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Fiona Majorin & Matthew C Freeman & Sharmani Barnard & Parimita Routray & Sophie Boisson & Thomas Clasen, 2014. "Child Feces Disposal Practices in Rural Orissa: A Cross Sectional Study," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(2), pages 1-7, February.
- Elizabeth Tilley & Isabel Günther, 2016. "The Impact of Conditional Cash Transfer on Toilet Use in eThekwini, South Africa," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 8(10), pages 1-16, October.
- Unesco Unesco, 2015. "Water for a Sustainable World," Working Papers id:6657, eSocialSciences.
- Evan Plous Kresch & Molly Lipscomb & Laura Schechter, 2020. "Externalities and Spillovers from Sanitation and Waste Management in Urban and Rural Neighborhoods," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 42(3), pages 395-420, September.
More about this item
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HEA-2015-04-25 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:63760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.