Viet Nam: Small Scale Technical assistance for Capacity Building of Ministry of Finance to Support Tariff, Industry and Subsidy Analysis for the WTO Accession
The study provides the Ministry of Finance (MOF) of the Government of Vietnam with quantitative tools to carry out industry-level assessments of tariff and subsidy reforms that will both support the country’s WTO accession negotiations and provide needed capacity for analyzing alternative policy reforms. It elaborates modeling tools for production shift analysis and the calculations of trade tax revenue effects associated with tariff reform policies. It also uses effective rates of protection (ERP) estimates to examine industry-level output and employment adjustments likely to take place under a variety of tariff reforms. It further addresses subsidy issues and their incidence in different industries. The results provide detailed product and industry-specific information on the effects of implementing changes in the structure of protection and, as such, the emphasis is on a practical, action-oriented plan, rather than an academic study.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987.
"Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015. "Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Amelia Santos-Paulino & A. P. Thirlwall, 2004. "The impact of trade liberalisation on exports, imports and the balance of payments of developing countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages F50-F72, 02.
- Crozet, M. & Erkel-Rousse, H., 2000. "Trade Performances and the Estimation of Price-Elasticities : Quality Matters," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.61, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- W. M. Corden, 1966. "The Structure of a Tariff System and the Effective Protective Rate," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 221.
- Lord, Montague, 2002. "Vietnam’s Export Competitiveness: Trade and Macroeconomic Policy Linkages," MPRA Paper 50638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Genberg, Hans, 1978. "Purchasing power parity under fixed and flexible exchange rates," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 247-276, May.
- Nguyen, Hoa & Grote, Ulrike, 2004. "Agricultural policies in Vietnam," MTID discussion papers 79, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lord, Montague J., 1998. "Modeling the Open Macro-Economy of Vietnam," MPRA Paper 41164, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcos Sanso & Antonio Montanes, 2002. "Cointegration, error correction mechanism and trade liberalization: the case of the Spanish imports of manufactures," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 231-240.
- Montague J. Lord (ed.), 1998. "The Handbook of Latin American Trade in Manufactures," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1392, 10.
- Cottani, Joaquin A & Cavallo, Domingo F & Khan, M Shahbaz, 1990. "Real Exchange Rate Behavior and Economic Performance in LDCs," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(1), pages 61-76, October.
- Davidson, James E H, et al, 1978. "Econometric Modelling of the Aggregate Time-Series Relationship between Consumers' Expenditure and Income in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 661-92, December.
- Baldwin, R E & Murray, Tracy, 1977. "MFN Tariff Reductions and Developing Country Trade Benefits under the GSP," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 30-46, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.