Entry, Costs Reduction, and Competition in the Portuguese Telephony Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kreps, David M & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Sequential Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 863-894, July.
- Clay, Karen & Krishnan, Ramayya & Wolff, Eric, 2001.
"Prices and Price Dispersion on the Web: Evidence from the Online Book Industry,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 521-539, December.
- Karen Clay & Ramayya Krishnan & Eric Wolff, 2001. "Prices and Price Dispersion on the Web: Evidence from the Online Book Industry," NBER Chapters,in: E-commerce, pages 521-539 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karen Clay & Ramayya Krishnan & Eric Wolff, 2001. "Prices and Price Dispersion on the Web: Evidence from the Online Book Industry," NBER Working Papers 8271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Michael D. Smith, 2000.
"Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers,"
INFORMS, pages 563-585.
- Michael Smith & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999. "Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1022, Society for Computational Economics.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F, 1979. "A Simple Model of Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 851-858, August.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Judith A. Chevalier, 2001.
"Free Riding and Sales Strategies for the Internet,"
NBER Chapters,in: E-commerce, pages 441-461
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benabou Roland, 1993.
"Search Market Equilibrium, Bilateral Heterogeneity, and Repeat Purchases,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 140-158, June.
- Benabou, Roland, 1988. "Search market equilibrium bilateral heterogeneity and repeat purchases," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8806, CEPREMAP.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Austan Goolsbee, 2002.
"Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive? Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(3), pages 481-507, June.
- Brown, Jeffrey, 2000. "Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive? Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry," Working Paper Series rwp00-007, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Samuelson, Larry & Zhang, Jianbo, 1992. "Search costs and prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 55-60, January.
- Pereira, Pedro, 2001. "Market power, cost reduction and consumer search," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1457-1473, November.
- Eric K. Clemons & Il-Horn Hann & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002. "Price Dispersion and Differentiation in Online Travel: An Empirical Investigation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(4), pages 534-549, April.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- J. Yannis Bakos, 1997. "Reducing Buyer Search Costs: Implications for Electronic Marketplaces," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(12), pages 1676-1692, December.
- MacMinn, Richard D, 1980. "Search and Market Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 308-327, April.
More about this item
KeywordsMobile Telephony; Entry; Competition; Efficiency; Empirical Analysis;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-04-22 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2006-04-22 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2006-04-22 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-IND-2006-04-22 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2006-04-22 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-TID-2006-04-22 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pca:wpaper:05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duarte Brito). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/acogvpt.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .