The Relative Importance of Symmetric and Asymmetric Shocks: the Case of United Kingdom and Euro Area
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gert Peersman, 2011. "The Relative Importance of Symmetric and Asymmetric Shocks: The Case of United Kingdom and Euro Area," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(1), pages 104-118, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Volha Audzei & Frantisek Brazdik, 2015. "Exchange Rate Dynamics and its Effect on Macroeconomic Volatility in Selected CEE Countries," Working Papers 2015/07, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- M. Aria & G.L. Gaeta & U. Marani, 2015. "Competitiveness Gap among Regions during the Sovereign Debt Crisis: the Italian Mezzogiorno between Resistance and Surrender," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3-4, pages 399-426.
- Ferreira-Lopes, Alexandra, 2010. "In or out? The welfare costs of EMU membership," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 585-594, March.
- Volha Audzei & Frantisek Brazdik, 2015.
"Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Dynamics: The Exchange Rate as a Shock Absorber,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 65(5), pages 391-410, October.
- Volha Audzei & Frantisek Brazdik, 2012. "Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Dynamics: The Exchange Rate as a Shock Absorber," Working Papers 2012/09, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Martin Schneider & Gerhard Fenz, 2011.
"Transmission of business cycle shocks between the US and the euro area,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(21), pages 2777-2793.
- Gerhard Fenz & Martin Schneider, 2008. "Transmission of business cycle shocks between the US and the euro area," Working Papers 145, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Haroon Mumtaz & Laura Sunder‐Plassmann, 2013.
"Time‐Varying Dynamics Of The Real Exchange Rate: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(3), pages 498-525, April.
- Mumtaz, Haroon & Sunder-Plassmann, Laura, 2010. "Time-varying dynamics of the real exchange rate. A structural VAR analysis," Bank of England working papers 382, Bank of England.
- Karlo Kotarac & Davor Kunovac & Rafael Ravnik, 2017. "Coherence of Business Cycles and Economic Shocks between Croatia and Euro Area Member States," Working Papers 53, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- Ensar Yilmaz, 2012. "The Exchange Rate: A Shock Absorber or Source of Shocks in Turkey?," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 175-188, October.
- repec:bla:reviec:v:25:y:2017:i:1:p:165-194 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Pedersen, 2015. "The Impact of Commodity Price Shocks in a Major Producing Economy. The Case of Copper and Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 753, Central Bank of Chile.
- Michael Pedersen & Miguel Ricaurte B., 2014. "Effects of Oil-Price Shocks on The Economies Of Chile and Its Trading Partners," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 17(1), pages 38-65, April.
- Montinari, Letizia & Stracca, Livio, 2016.
"Trade, finance or policies: What drives the cross-border spill-over of business cycles?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 131-148.
- Stracca, Livio & Montinari, Letizia, 2017. "Trade, finance or policies: what drives the cross-border spill-over of business cycles?," Working Paper Series 1993, European Central Bank.
- Elekdag, Selim & Han, Fei, 2015. "What drives credit growth in emerging Asia?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-13.
- Alberto Coco & Andrea Silvestrini, 2017. "The nature and propagation of shocks in the euro area: a comparative SVAR analysis," International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1/2), pages 95-114.
- repec:cnb:ocpubv:rb15/1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cover, James P. & Mallick, Sushanta K., 2012. "Identifying sources of macroeconomic and exchange rate fluctuations in the UK," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1627-1648.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar & Teresa Maria Rodrigues & Maria Joana Soares, 2012. "Oil Shocks and the Euro as an Optimum Currency Area," NIPE Working Papers 07/2012, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Michael Pedersen & Miguel Ricaurte, 2013. "Efectos de Shocks al Precio del Petróleo sobre la Economía de Chile y sus Socios Comerciales," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 691, Central Bank of Chile.
More about this item
Keywordsoptimal currency areas; symmetric and asymmetric shocks; vector autoregressions;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-06-11 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2007-06-11 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2007-06-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-06-11 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:onb:oenbwp:136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Knell and Helmut Stix). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/oenbbat.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .