What Makes for a Better Life?: The Determinants of Subjective Well-Being in OECD Countries – Evidence from the Gallup World Poll
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Murtin, Fabrice & Boarini, Romina & Cordoba, Juan Carlos & Ripoll, Marla, 2017.
"Beyond GDP: Is there a law of one shadow price?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 390-411.
- Fabrice Murtin & Romina Boarini & Juan Cordoba & Marla Ripoll, 2015. "Beyond GDP: Is there a law of one shadow price?," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2015/5, OECD Publishing.
- Romina Boarini & Marla Ripoll & Juan Cordoba & Fabrice Murtin, 2016. "Beyond GDP: Is There a Law of One Shadow Price?," 2016 Meeting Papers 527, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gunther Tichy, 2014. "Flexicurity – ein an seiner Umsetzung scheiterndes Konzept," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 87(8), pages 537-553, August.
- Titus Galama & Robson Morgan & Juan E. Saavedra, 2017.
"Wealthier, Happier and More Self-Sufficient: When Anti-Poverty Programs Improve Economic and Subjective Wellbeing at a Reduced Cost to Taxpayers,"
2017-090, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Titus J. Galama & Robson Morgan & Juan E. Saavedra, 2017. "Wealthier, Happier and More Self-Sufficient: When Anti-Poverty Programs Improve Economic and Subjective Wellbeing at a Reduced Cost to Taxpayers," NBER Working Papers 24090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adolfo Morrone & Alfonso Piscitelli & Antonio D’Ambrosio, 2019. "How Disadvantages Shape Life Satisfaction: An Alternative Methodological Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 477-502, January.
- Alem, Yonas & Colmer, Jonathan, 2013.
"Optimal Expectations and the Welfare Cost of Climate Variability,"
Working Papers in Economics
578, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Alem, Yonas & Colmer, Jonathan, 2014. "Optimal Expectations and the Welfare Cost of Climate Variability," Discussion Papers dp-14-03-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Jad Chaaban & Alexandra Irani & Alexander Khoury, 2016. "The Composite Global Well-Being Index (CGWBI): A New Multi-Dimensional Measure of Human Development," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(1), pages 465-487, October.
- John Feddersen & Robert Metcalfe & Mark Wooden, 2012.
"Subjective Well-Being: Weather Matters; Climate Doesn't,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2012n25, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Robert Metcalfe & John Feddersen & Mark Wooden, 2012. "Subjective Well-Being: Weather Matters; Climate Doesn't," Economics Series Working Papers 627, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Romina Boarini & Margherita Comola & Femke Keulenaer & Robert Manchin & Conal Smith, 2013.
"Can Governments Boost People’s Sense of Well-Being? The Impact of Selected Labour Market and Health Policies on Life Satisfaction,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 114(1), pages 105-120, October.
- Romina Boarini & Margherita Comola & Femke Keulenaer & Robert Manchin & Conal Smith, 2013. "Can Governments Boost People's Sense of Well-Being? The Impact of Selected Labour Market and Health Policies on Life Satisfaction," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-00972050, HAL.
- Pablo Diego-Rosell & Robert Tortora & James Bird, 2018. "International Determinants of Subjective Well-Being: Living in a Subjectively Material World," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 123-143, January.
- Rauf Gönenç & Oliver Röhn & Christian Beer & Andreas Wörgötter, 2013. "Responding to Key Well-being Challenges in Austria," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1080, OECD Publishing.
- Ahmadiani, Mona & Ferreira, Susana, 2019. "Environmental amenities and quality of life across the United States," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 1-1.
- Yonas Alem & Jonathan Colmer, 2013. "Don't Worry, Be Happy: The Welfare Cost of Climate Variability � A Subjective Well-Being Approach," GRI Working Papers 118, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Conal Smith & Christopher Mackie, 2015. "Conceptualizing Subjective Well-Being and its Many Dimensions – Implications for Data Collection in Official Statistics and for Policy Relevance," Statistics in Transition new series, Główny Urząd Statystyczny (Polska), vol. 16(3), pages 335-372, September.
- Christopher Mackie & Conal Smith, 2015. "Conceptualizing Subjective Well-Being And Its Many Dimensions – Implications For Data Collection In Official Statistics And For Policy Relevance," Statistics in Transition New Series, Polish Statistical Association, vol. 16(3), pages 335-372, September.
- Sibel Eker & Leena Ilmola-Sheppard, 2020. "Systems Thinking to Understand National Well-Being from a Human Capital Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-19, March.
- Gregor Gonza & Anže Burger, 2017. "Subjective Well-Being During the 2008 Economic Crisis: Identification of Mediating and Moderating Factors," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 18(6), pages 1763-1797, December.
- Arnstein Aassve & Letizia Mencarini & Francesco Chiocchio & Francesco Gandolfi & Arianna Gatta & Francesco Mattioli, 2018. "Trustlab Italy: a New Dataset for the study of Trust, Family Demography and Personality," Working Papers 115, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:stdaaa:2012/3-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/stoecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.