Geographic Imbalances in Doctor Supply and Policy Responses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Erik Schut & Stéphane Sorbe & Jens Høj, 2013. "Health Care Reform and Long-Term Care in the Netherlands," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1010, OECD Publishing.
- Propper Carol & Sutton Matt & Whitnall Carolyn & Windmeijer Frank, 2008.
"Did 'Targets and Terror' Reduce Waiting Times in England for Hospital Care?,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-27, January.
- Carol Propper & Matt Sutton & Carolyn Whitnall & Frank Windmeijer, 2007. "Did 'Targets and Terror' Reduce Waiting times in England for Hospital Care?," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 07/179, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Wright,H. R. C., 2013. "Free Trade and Protection in the Netherlands 1816â€“30," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107621800, March.
- Viberg, Nina & Forsberg, Birger C. & Borowitz, Michael & Molin, Roger, 2013. "International comparisons of waiting times in health care – Limitations and prospects," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 53-61.
- Dixon, Huw & Siciliani, Luigi, 2009. "Waiting-time targets in the healthcare sector: How long are we waiting?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1081-1098, December.
- Propper, Carol & Sutton, Matt & Whitnall, Carolyn & Windmeijer, Frank, 2010.
"Incentives and targets in hospital care: Evidence from a natural experiment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(3-4), pages 318-335, April.
- Carol Propper & Matt Sutton & Carolyn Whitnall & Frank Windmeijer, 2008. "Incentives and Targets in Hospital Care: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/205, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Siciliani, Luigi & Hurst, Jeremy, 2005. "Tackling excessive waiting times for elective surgery: a comparative analysis of policies in 12 OECD countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 201-215, May.
- Schut, Frederik T. & Varkevisser, Marco, 2013. "Tackling hospital waiting times: The impact of past and current policies in the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 127-133.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:18:y:2017:i:8:d:10.1007_s10198-016-0846-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vicarelli, Giovanna & Pavolini, Emmanuele, 2015. "Health workforce governance in Italy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(12), pages 1606-1612.
- Carson, Dean B. & Schoo, Adrian & Berggren, Peter, 2015. "The ‘rural pipeline’ and retention of rural health professionals in Europe's northern peripheries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(12), pages 1550-1556.
- Santric-Milicevic, Milena M. & Terzic-Supic, Zorica J. & Matejic, Bojana R. & Vasic, Vladimir & Ricketts, Thomas C., 2014. "First- and fifth-year medical students’ intention for emigration and practice abroad: A case study of Serbia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 173-183.
- Holte, Jon Helgheim & Kjaer, Trine & Abelsen, Birgit & Olsen, Jan Abel, 2015. "The impact of pecuniary and non-pecuniary incentives for attracting young doctors to rural general practice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 1-9.
- Kroezen, Marieke & Dussault, Gilles & Craveiro, Isabel & Dieleman, Marjolein & Jansen, Christel & Buchan, James & Barriball, Louise & Rafferty, Anne Marie & Bremner, Jeni & Sermeus, Walter, 2015. "Recruitment and retention of health professionals across Europe: A literature review and multiple case study research," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(12), pages 1517-1528.
- Mário Amorim Lopes & Álvaro Almeida & Bernardo Almada-Lobo, 2017. "Physician emigration: should they stay or should they go? A policy analysis," FEP Working Papers 585, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-HEA-2014-04-11 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:elsaad:69-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eloecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.