Platform Competition under Asymmetric Information
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Attila Ambrus & Rossella Argenziano, 2009. "Asymmetric Networks in Two-Sided Markets," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 17-52, February.
- Ettore Damiano & Li Hao, 2008. "Competing Matchmaking," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(4), pages 789-818, June.
- Ramon Casadesus-Masanell & Francisco Ruiz-Aliseda, 2008.
"Platform Competition, Compatibility, and Social Efficiency,"
08-32, NET Institute.
- Casadesus-Masanell, Ramon & Ruiz-Aliseda, Francisco, 2009. "Platform competition, compatibility, and social efficiency," IESE Research Papers D/798, IESE Business School.
- repec:hrv:faseco:4589709 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno, 2001. "Competing cybermediaries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 797-808, May.
- Gilbert, Richard J & Newbery, David M G, 1982. "Preemptive Patenting and the Persistence of Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 514-526, June.
- E. Glen Weyl, 2010. "A Price Theory of Multi-sided Platforms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1642-1672, September.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, January.
- Andrei Hagiu & Robin S. Lee, 2011. "Exclusivity and Control," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 679-708, September.
- Bruno Jullien, 2011. "Competition in Multi-sided Markets: Divide and Conquer," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 186-220, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark J. McCabe & Christopher M. Snyder, 2016. "Open Access as a Crude Solution to a Hold-up Problem in the Two-Sided Market for Academic Journals," NBER Working Papers 22220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Biglaiser & Jacques CrÃ©mer, 2016. "The Value of Incumbency in Heterogeneous Platforms," CESifo Working Paper Series 5829, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hagiu, Andrei & Hałaburda, Hanna, 2014. "Information and two-sided platform profits," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 25-35.
- Hanna Hałaburda & Yaron Yehezkel, 2016.
"The Role of Coordination Bias in Platform Competition,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 274-312, April.
- Hanna Halaburda & Yaron Yehezkel, 2012. "The Role of Coordination Bias in Platform Competition," Working Papers 12-03, NET Institute, revised Sep 2012.
- Hagiu, Andrei & Wright, Julian, 2015. "Multi-sided platforms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 162-174.
- Biglaiser, Gary & Crémer, Jacques, 2016. "The value of incumbency in heterogeneous platforms," CEPR Discussion Papers 11207, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sagit Bar-Gill, 2013. "Game of Platforms: Strategic Expansion in Two-Sided Markets," Working Papers 13-12, NET Institute.
- Halaburda, Hanna & Jullien, Bruno & Yehezkel, Yaron, 2016.
"Dynamic Competition with Network Externalities: Why History Matters,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11205, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Halaburda, Hanna & Jullien, Bruno & Yehezkel, Yaron, 2016. "Dynamic Competition with Network Externalities: Why History Matters," TSE Working Papers 16-636, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Hanna Halaburda & Bruno Jullien & Yaron Yehezkel, 2016. "Dynamic Competition with Network Externalities: Why History Matters," CESifo Working Paper Series 5847, CESifo Group Munich.
- Biglaiser, Gary & Crémer, Jacques, 2016. "The value of incumbency for heterogeneous platforms," TSE Working Papers 16-630, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Nov 2016.
- Jullien, Bruno & Pavan, Alessandro, 2013. "Platform Pricing under Dispersed Information," IDEI Working Papers 793, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Tremblay, Mark J., 2014. "Homogeneous platform competition with endogenous homing," DICE Discussion Papers 166, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
More about this item
Keywordsasymmetric information; platform competition; exclusive dealing; technology adoption;
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2011-12-19 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2011-12-19 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-IND-2011-12-19 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-NET-2011-12-19 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:1105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .