Hedging Options in a GARCH Environment: Testing the Term Structure of Stochastic Volatility Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert F. Engle & Joshua V. Rosenberg, 1995. "GARCH Gamma," NBER Working Papers 5128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benavides, Guillermo & Capistrán, Carlos, 2012.
"Forecasting exchange rate volatility: The superior performance of conditional combinations of time series and option implied forecasts,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 627-639.
- Guillermo Benavides & Carlos Capistrán, 2009. "Forecasting Exchange Rate Volatility: The Superior Performance of Conditional Combinations of Time Series and Option Implied Forecasts," Working Papers 2009-01, Banco de México.
- Shih-Feng Huang & Meihui Guo, 2014. "Model risk of the implied GARCH-normal model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(12), pages 2215-2224, December.
- Deschamps, Philippe J., 2012.
"Bayesian estimation of generalized hyperbolic skewed student GARCH models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3035-3054.
- Deschamps, Philippe J., 2011. "Bayesian Estimation of Generalized Hyperbolic Skewed Student GARCH Models," DQE Working Papers 16, Department of Quantitative Economics, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland, revised 09 Jun 2012.
- Jacobi, Frank, 2005. "ARCH-Prozesse und ihre Erweiterungen - Eine empirische Untersuchung für Finanzmarktzeitreihen -," Arbeitspapiere des Instituts für Statistik und Ökonometrie 31, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Institut für Statistik und Ökonometrie.
- Christensen, Kim & Podolski, Mark, 2005. "Asymptotic theory for range-based estimation of integrated variance of a continuous semi-martingale," Technical Reports 2005,18, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Matei, Marius, 2011. "Non-Linear Volatility Modeling of Economic and Financial Time Series Using High Frequency Data," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 116-141, June.
- Shirley J. Huang & Qianqiu Liu & Jun Yu, 2007. "Realized Daily Variance of S&P 500 Cash Index: A Revaluation of Stylized Facts," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 8(1), pages 33-56, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.