Funding for Universal Service Obligations in Electricity Sector: the case of green power development
The process of deregulation in network industries, in particular in the electric sector, raises the problem of financing the Universal Service Obligations (USO) corresponding to the production, transport and distribution operations. In this paper, we study three ways of funding for an USO of production, especially the green electricity development: the funding with cross-subsidies, the implementation of a fund (funding by a tax) and finally a voluntary funding system by direct subscriptions of consumers. We notably show that this last one Pareto dominates mostly, from a welfare point of view, the other scenarios.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.laser.univ-montp1.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chone, Philippe & Flochel, Laurent & Perrot, Anne, 2000. "Universal service obligations and competition," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 249-259, September.
- Armstrong, M. & Doyle, C. & Vickers, J., 1995.
"The access pricing problem: a synthesis,"
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
9532, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- repec:mop:credwp:03.11.41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wiser, Ryan H. & Fowlie, Meredith & Holt, Edward A., 2001. "Public goods and private interests: understanding non-residential demand for green power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(13), pages 1085-1097, November.
- Greenwood, J. & Macfee, R.P., 1989.
"Externalities And Asymmetric Information,"
RCER Working Papers
173, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Greenwood, J. & Mcafee, R.P., 1989. "Externalities And Asymmetric Information," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 8914, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Mirabel, Francois & Poudou, Jean-Christophe, 2004.
"Mechanisms of funding for Universal Service Obligations: the electricity case,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 801-823, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mop:lasrwp:2002.06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Christophe POUDOU)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.