The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1142-1151, December.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 1462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmalensee, Richard & Trippi, Robert R, 1978. "Common Stock Volatility Expectations Implied by Option Premia," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 129-147, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sherrick, Bruce J. & Forster, D. Lynn & Irwin, Scott H., 1990. "The Calibration Of Expected Soybean Price Distributions: An Option Based Approach," 1990 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Vancouver, Canada 270919, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Szakmary, Andrew & Ors, Evren & Kyoung Kim, Jin & Davidson, Wallace III, 2003. "The predictive power of implied volatility: Evidence from 35 futures markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 2151-2175, November.
- Davidson, Wallace N. & Kim, Jin Kyoung & Ors, Evren & Szakmary, Andrew, 2001. "Using implied volatility on options to measure the relation between asset returns and variability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1245-1269, July.
- Jiangze Du & Shaojie Lai & Kin Keung Lai & Shifei Zhou, 2021. "A novel term structure stochastic model with adaptive correlation for trend analysis," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 5485-5498, October.
- Sherrick, Bruce J. & Irwin, Scott H. & Forster, D. Lynn, 1990.
"Nonstationarity Of Soybean Futures Price Distributions: Option-Based Evidence,"
1990 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Vancouver, Canada
270920, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sherrick, Bruce J. & Irwin, Scott H. & Forster, D. Lynn, 1990. "Nonstationarity Of Soybean Futures Price Distributions: Option-Based Evidence," Illinois Agricultural Economics Staff Paper 244666, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1978. "A simple model of risk and return on long-lived tangible assets," Working papers 1036-78., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Fackler, Paul L. & King, Robert P., 1987. "The Evaluation of Probability Distributions with Special Emphasis on Price Distributions Derived from Option Premiums," Regional Research Projects > 1987: S-180 Annual Meeting, March 22-25, 1987, San Antonio, Texas 272343, Regional Research Projects > S-180: An Economic Analysis of Risk Management Strategies for Agricultural Production Firms.
- Lingjiong Zhu, 2015. "Short maturity options for Azéma–Yor martingales," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(04), pages 1-32, December.
- Smith, Paul & Gronewoller, Paul & Rose, Lawrence C., 1998. "Pricing efficiency on the New Zealand Futures and Options Exchange," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 49-62, January.
- Mark E. Levonian, 1991. "Have large banks become riskier? recent evidence from option markets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 3-17.
- David S. Bates, 1997. "Post-'87 Crash Fears in S&P 500 Futures Options," NBER Working Papers 5894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basu, Parantap & Samanta, Prodyot, 2001. "Volatility and stock prices: implications from a production model of asset pricing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 229-235, February.
- Rohini Grover & Susan Thomas, 2012.
"Liquidity Considerations in Estimating Implied Volatility,"
Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(8), pages 714-741, August.
- Rohini Grover & Susan Thomas, 2011. "Liquidity considerations in estimating implied volatility," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2011-006, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Butler, J. S. & Schachter, Barry, 1996. "The statistical properties of parameters inferred from the black-scholes formula," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 223-235.
- William Pedersen, 1998. "Capturing all the information in foreign currency option prices: solving for one versus two implied variables," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(12), pages 1679-1683.
- Yan, Huan & Chang, En-Chung & Chou, Ting-Jui & Tang, Xiaofei, 2015. "The over-categorization effect: How the number of categorizations influences shoppers' perceptions of variety and satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 631-638.
- Lyons, Richard K., 1988.
"Tests of the foreign exchange risk premium using the expected second moments implied by option pricing,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 91-108, March.
- Richard K. Lyons, 1986. "Tests of the foreign exchange risk premium using the expected second moments implied by option pricing," International Finance Discussion Papers 290, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David S. Bates, 1995. "Testing Option Pricing Models," NBER Working Papers 5129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eales, James S. & Hauser, Robert J., 1986. "Characteristics of Implied Volatilities of Options on Live-Cattle Futures," 1986 Annual Meeting, July 27-30, Reno, Nevada 278459, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gorton, Gary, 1999. "Pricing free bank notes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 33-64, August.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki pages:
- James M. Poterba in Wikipedia German
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mit:worpap:353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edmitus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Linda Woodbury (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edmitus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.