Structural Change and Market Opening in Agriculture: Turkey towards EU Accession
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Marie Codron & Zouhair Bouhsina & Fatiha Fort & Emilie Coudel & Aurélie Puech, 2004. "Supermarkets in Low-income Mediterranean Countries: Impacts on Horticulture Systems," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22, pages 587-602, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- GAUTHIER Fatima, EL HADAD & Etienne, MONTAIGNE & Michel, PETIT & Hilel, HAMADACHE & Soliman, Ibrahim & Mashhour, Ahmed & Gaber, Mohamed & Ait El Mekki, Akka & El Hindi, Atieh & Thabet, Haitham & Thabe, 2011. "A review of the national and international agro-food policies and institutions in the Mediterranean Region," MPRA Paper 66801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ansgar Belke, 2004.
"Turkey and the EU: On the costs and benefits of integrating a small but dynamic economy,"
Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 39(6), pages 288-292, November.
- Ansgar Belke, 2004. "Turkey and the EU: On the Costs and Benefits of Integrating a Small but Dynamic Economy," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 247/2004, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B. & Berdegué, Julio A. & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Agrifood Industry Transformation and Small Farmers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1717-1727, November.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2007. "Contracting, Competition, and Rent Distribution Theory and Empirical Evidence from Developing and Transition Countries," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9413, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Komendrovskaya, Irina & Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Glauben, Thomas, 2015. "Retail Sector Transformation in Russia," 55th Annual Conference, Giessen, Germany, September 23-25, 2015 209253, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Upali Wickramasinghe, 2016. "Fostering productivity in the rural and agricultural sector for inclusive growth and sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific Abstract:," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/16/07, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Alboiu, Cornelia, 2012. "Governance and Contractual Structure in the Vegetable Supply Chain in Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 68-82, December.
- Dries, Liesbeth & Germenji, Etleva & Noev, Nivelin & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Farmers, Vertical Coordination, and the Restructuring of Dairy Supply Chains in Central and Eastern Europe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1742-1758, November.
- Syed Akif Hasan & Hammad Ur Rehman, 2007. "Relationship between Store Characteristics and Store Choice," South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS), Iqra University, Iqra University, vol. 1(1), pages 1-10, Spring.
- World Bank, 2005. "The Dynamics of Vertical Coordination in Agrifood Chains in Eastern Europe and Central Asia : Implications for Policy and World Bank Operations," World Bank Publications - Reports 8806, The World Bank Group.
- Pérez Mesa, Juan & De Pablo Valenciano, Jaime(*), 2007. "Caracterización del comercio internacional de frutas y hortalizas en la Unión Europea/Characterization of Fruit and Vegetables Trade in the European Union," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 619-642, Diciembre.
- Lemeilleur, Sylvaine & Codron, Jean-Marie, 2011. "Marketing cooperative vs. commission agent: The Turkish dilemma on the modern fresh fruit and vegetable market," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 272-279, April.
- Masayoshi Maruyama & Le Viet Trung, 2011. "Modern Retailers in Transition Economies: The Case of Vietnam," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-08, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- van Berkum, Siemen, 2005. "Is the Turkish Agri-Food Sector Ready for EU Entry?," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24626, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:44:y:2017:i:4:p:540-566. is not listed on IDEAS
- Asfaw, Abay, 2007. "Supermarket purchases and the dietary patterns of households in Guatemala:," IFPRI discussion papers 696, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Figui, Muriel & Moustier, Paule, 2009. "Market appeal in an emerging economy: Supermarkets and poor consumers in Vietnam," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 210-217, April.
- Magali Aubert & Jean Marie Codron & Sylvain Rousset & Murat Yercan, 2017. "Which factors lead tomato growers to implement integrated pest management? Evidence from Turkey," Post-Print hal-02735805, HAL.
- Sylvaine Lemeilleur, 2014. "The role of input vouchers in modernizing the fresh fruit and vegetable market in Turkey," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 477-487, July.
- Abay Asfaw, 2011. "Does consumption of processed foods explain disparities in the body weight of individuals? The case of Guatemala," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 184-195, February.
- Pérez Mesa, Juan Carlos, 2009. "Should Almería (Spain) have to be worried, thinking that their tomato export is currently affected by international competition?," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2).
- Jaime de Pablo Valenciano & Juan Pérez Mesa & Jean Lévy Mangin, 2008. "The Spanish Tomato Export Sector of the Almeria Region: An Econometric Approach," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 14(3), pages 316-328, August.
- Thomas Reardon & Peter Timmer & Julio Berdegue, 2004. "The Rapid Rise of Supermarkets in Developing Countries: Induced Organizational, Institutional, and Technological Change in Agrifood Systems," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 1(2), pages 168-183.
More about this item
KeywordsTurkey; European Union; agriculture;
All these keywords.
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2004-11-22 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:met:wpaper:0410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ermettr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Erol Taymaz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ermettr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.