A Comparison of Reduced-Form Permit Price Models and their Empirical Performances
Equilibrium models have been proposed in literature with the aim of describing the evolution of the price of emission permits. This paper derives _rst estimation methods for the calibration of three competing equilibrium models. Second, it demonstrates how their reduced-form versions are inter-related. Third, by means of calibration to historical data, it is shown how these reduced-form models perform in the current price-evolution framework also with respect to standard continuous time stochastic models.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (617) 253-3551
Fax: (617) 253-9845
Web page: http://tisiphone.mit.edu/RePEc
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc Chesney & Luca Taschini, 2008. "The Endogenous Price Dynamics of the Emission Allowances: An Application to CO2 Option Pricing," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-01, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jan 2008.
- Julien Chevallier & Emilie Alberola, 2009. "Banking and Borrowing in the EU ETS: An Econometric Appraisal of the 2005-2007 Intertemporal Market," Working Papers halshs-00388071, HAL.
- Tietenberg, T H, 1990. "Economic Instruments for Environmental Regulation," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 17-33, Spring.
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- Umut Cetin & Michel Verschuere, 2009. "Pricing and hedging in carbon emissions markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29321, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Paolella, Marc S. & Taschini, Luca, 2008. "An econometric analysis of emission allowance prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2022-2032, October.
- Beat Hintermann, 2009. "An Options Pricing Approach for CO2 Allowances in the EU ETS," CEPE Working paper series 09-64, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521322249 is not listed on IDEAS
- Umut Çetin & Michel Verschuere, 2009. "Pricing And Hedging In Carbon Emissions Markets," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 949-967.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521311120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Mansanet-Bataller & Angel Pardo & Enric Valor, 2007. "CO2 Prices, Energy and Weather," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 73-92.
- Rubin, Jonathan D., 1996. "A Model of Intertemporal Emission Trading, Banking, and Borrowing," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 269-286, November.
- Alberola, Emilie & Chevallier, Julien, 2009. "Banking and Borrowing in the EU ETS: An Econometric Appraisal of the 2005-2007 Intertemporal Market," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4599, Paris Dauphine University.
- Daskalakis, George & Psychoyios, Dimitris & Markellos, Raphael N., 2009. "Modeling CO2 emission allowance prices and derivatives: Evidence from the European trading scheme," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1230-1241, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mee:wpaper:0918. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharmila Ganguly)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Sharmila Ganguly to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.