Documentation of the logical imputation using the panel structure of the 2003-2008 German SAVE Survey
This paper documents the implementation of a logical imputation based on the panel structure of the 2003 to 2008 waves of the German SAVE dataset. A new release of the waves 2003-2008 will be available from June 2009. The concept and the principles of the underlying logical panel imputation are described. Furthermore, the method applied to logically impute each variable is briefly commented. The logical panel imputation of the SAVE dataset reduces decisively the number of missing values for some variables. In some cases more than 50% of all missing values can be replaced by proper values. Key words: Item-nonresponse, imputation, panel data, SAVE
|Date of creation:||10 Feb 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy, Amalienstraße 33, 80799 München, Germany|
Web page: http://www.mea.mpisoc.mpg.de/
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frick, Joachim R. & Grabka, Markus M., 2007.
"Item Non-Response and Imputation of Annual Labor Income in Panel Surveys from a Cross-National Perspective,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3043, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim R. Frick & Markus M. Grabka, 2007. "Item Non-response and Imputation of Annual Labor Income in Panel Surveys from a Cross-National Perspective," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 49, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Joachim R. Frick & Markus M. Grabka, 2007. "Item Non-response and Imputation of Annual Labor Income in Panel Surveys from a Cross-National Perspective," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 736, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Schunk, Daniel, 2007.
"The German SAVE survey: documentation and methodology,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
07-08, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Schunk, Daniel, 2007. "The German SAVE survey : documentation and methodology," Papers 07-08, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Daniel Schunk, 2006. "The German SAVE Survey: Documentation and Methodology," MEA discussion paper series 06109, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Susanne Rässler & Regina Riphahn, 2006. "Survey item nonresponse and its treatment," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 90(1), pages 217-232, March.
- Daniel Schunk, 2008. "A Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithm for multiple imputation in large surveys," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 92(1), pages 101-114, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mea:meawpa:09173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Henning Frankenberger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.