The Evolution of Retirement as Systematic Ageism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Baker & Jonathan Gruber & Kevin Milligan, 2003.
"The retirement incentive effects of Canada's Income Security programs,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 261-290, May.
- Michael Baker & Jonathan Gruber & Kevin Milligan, 2001. "The Retirement Incentive Effects of Canada's Income Security Programs," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 65, McMaster University.
- Michael Baker & Jonathan Gruber & Kevin Milligan, 2001. "The Retirement Incentive Effects of Canada's Income Security Programs," NBER Working Papers 8658, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicole Maestas & Julie Zissimopoulos, 2010.
"How Longer Work Lives Ease the Crunch of Population Aging,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, pages 139-160.
- Nicole Maestas & Julie Zissimopoulos, 2009. "How Longer Work Lives Ease the Crunch of Population Aging," Working Papers 728, RAND Corporation.
- Tammy Schirle, 2008. "Greener Pastures: Understanding the Impact of Retirement Incentives in Defined-benefit Pension Plans," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 262, May.
- Chan, Sewin & Stevens, Ann Huff, 2004. "Do changes in pension incentives affect retirement? A longitudinal study of subjective retirement expectations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1307-1333, July.
- Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Larsen, Mona, 2007. "Health Shocks and Retirement: The Role of Welfare State Institutions," MPRA Paper 15497, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tammy Schirle, 2008.
"Why Have the Labor Force Participation Rates of Older Men Increased since the Mid-1990s?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(4), pages 549-594, October.
- T. Schirle, 2007. "Why Have the Labour Force Participation Rates of Older Men Increased Since the Mid 1990s," Working Papers eg0045, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics, revised 2007.
- Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Vermeulen, Frederic, 2011. "A collective labor supply model with complementarities in leisure: Identification and estimation by means of panel data," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 159-167, April.
- Jonathan Gruber & David A. Wise, 1999. "Introduction to "Social Security and Retirement around the World"," NBER Chapters,in: Social Security and Retirement around the World, pages 1-35 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T. Schirle, 2007. "Health, Pensions, and the Retirement Decision: Evidence from Canada," Working Papers eg0046, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics, revised 2007.
- admin, clsrn & Gomez, Rafael & Gunderson, Morley, 2009. "For Whom the 'Retirement' Bell Tolls: Inter-temporal Comparisons Using the 1994 and 2002 Canadian General Social Survey," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-31, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Apr 2009.
- Gustman, Alan L & Steinmeier, Thomas L, 2000. "Retirement in Dual-Career Families: A Structural Model," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 503-545, July.
- Bender, Keith A. & Mavromaras, Kostas G. & Theodossiou, Ioannis & Wei, Zhang, 2014. "The Effect of Wealth and Earned Income on the Decision to Retire: A Dynamic Probit Examination of Retirement," IZA Discussion Papers 7927, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mark Brown, 2005.
"Renewing Canada's Manufacturing Economy: A Regional Comparison, 1973-1996,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 220-243.
- Brown, W. Mark & Hou, Feng & Lafrance, Amelie, 2010. "Incomes of Retirement-age and Working-age Canadians: Accounting for Home Ownership," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2010064e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Brown, W. Mark & Lafrance, Amelie, 2010. "Incomes from Owner-occupied Housing for Working-age and Retirement-age Canadians, 1969 to 2006," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2010066e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Jonathan Gruber & David A. Wise, 1999. "Social Security and Retirement around the World," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number grub99-1, January.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsCultural economics; economic sociology; economic anthropology;
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-07-14 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-07-14 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcm:sedapp:292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demcmca.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .