Der Coupon-Handelsansatz als Modell für eine subjektbezogene Finanzierung der Kinderbetreuung
Improving child care and pre-school education is one of the challenging duties of public authorities in Germany. Given the public resources spent on nursery schools, the quantity as well as the quality of early childhood education in Germany is comparatively low. We think that inefficiency is caused by the prevalent object-based financing structure. In this article we present a model for a subject-based financing structure with tradable coupons. The model shows that by introducing tradable coupons a more efficient allocation of resources is possible. Further, the model indicates that tradable coupons also improve the quality of early childhood education.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitätsstraße 25, 35037 Marburg|
Web page: http://www.uni-marburg.de/fb02/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glennerster, Howard, 1991. "Quasi-markets for Education?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1268-76, September.
- West, Edwin G, 1997. "Education Vouchers in Principle and Practice: A Survey," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(1), pages 83-103, February.
- Naci Mocan, 2007. "Can consumers detect lemons? An empirical analysis of information asymmetry in the market for child care," Journal of Population Economics, European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 743-780, October.
- Viitanen, Tarja, 2007. "Public versus Private Provision of Daycare: An Experimental Evaluation," IZA Discussion Papers 3009, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michaela Kreyenfeld & Katharina Spieß & Gert G. Wagner, 2000. "Kindertageseinrichtungen in Deutschland: ein neues Steuerungsmodell bei der Bereitstellung sozialer Dienstleistungen," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 67(18), pages 269-275.
- Laura-Christin Diekmann & Dominik Enste & Nicola Hülskamp, 2008. "Kita-Gutscheine: Für eine verbesserte Betreuung und Bildung," Wirtschaftsdienst, German National Library of Economics, vol. 88(10), pages 666-671, October.
- Levin, Henry M. & Schwartz, Heather L., 2007. "Educational vouchers for universal pre-schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 3-16, February.
- H. Naci Mocan, 1997. "Cost Functions, Efficiency, and Quality in Day Care Centers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(4), pages 861-891.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:201004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.