Values and Norms Matter – On the Basic Determinants of Long-Run Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Knowles & P. Dorian Owen, 2010.
"Which Institutions are Good for Your Health? The Deep Determinants of Comparative Cross-country Health Status,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 701-723.
- P. Dorian Owen & Stephen Knowles, 2008. "Which Institutions are Good for Your Health? The Deep Determinants of Comparative Cross-country Health Status," Working Papers 0811, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
More about this item
KeywordsInstitutions; Values and Norms; Democracy; Rule of Law; Culture; Social Capi-tal; Civil Society; Economic Development; Total Factor Productivity;
- E19 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Other
- E66 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General Outlook and Conditions
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2008-11-04 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-POL-2008-11-04 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2008-11-04 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:200822. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .