The youngest get the pill: ADHD misdiagnosis in Germany, its regional correlates and international comparison
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Schwandt, Hannes & Wuppermann, Amelie, 2016. "The youngest get the pill: ADHD misdiagnosis in Germany, its regional correlates and international comparison," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 72-86.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moses, Tally, 2010. "Being treated differently: Stigma experiences with family, peers, and school staff among adolescents with mental health disorders," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 985-993, April.
- Currie, Janet & Stabile, Mark & Jones, Lauren, 2014.
"Do stimulant medications improve educational and behavioral outcomes for children with ADHD?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 58-69.
- Janet Currie & Mark Stabile & Lauren E. Jones, 2013. "Do Stimulant Medications Improve Educational and Behavioral Outcomes for Children with ADHD?," NBER Working Papers 19105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea M. Mühlenweg & Patrick A. Puhani, 2010. "The Evolution of the School-Entry Age Effect in a School Tracking System," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(2).
- Elder, Todd E., 2010. "The importance of relative standards in ADHD diagnoses: Evidence based on exact birth dates," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 641-656, September.
- Anna Aizer, 2008. "Peer Effects and Human Capital Accumulation: the Externalities of ADD," NBER Working Papers 14354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hendrik Jürges & Kerstin Schneider, 2011. "Why Young Boys Stumble: Early Tracking, Age and Gender Bias in the German School System," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(4), pages 371-394, November.
- Dalsgaard, Søren & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne, 2014.
"Consequences of ADHD medication use for children's outcomes,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 137-151.
- Dalsgaard, Søren & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne, 2014. "Consequences of ADHD Medication Use for Children's Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 8208, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kelly Bedard & Elizabeth Dhuey, 2006. "The Persistence of Early Childhood Maturity: International Evidence of Long-Run Age Effects," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(4), pages 1437-1472.
- Evans, William N. & Morrill, Melinda S. & Parente, Stephen T., 2010. "Measuring inappropriate medical diagnosis and treatment in survey data: The case of ADHD among school-age children," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 657-673, September.
- Dalsgaard, Søren & Humlum, Maria Knoth & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne, 2012. "Relative standards in ADHD diagnoses: The role of specialist behavior," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 663-665.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bahrs, Michael & Schumann, Mathias, 2016. "Unlucky to Be Young? The Long-Term Effects of School Starting Age on Smoking Behaviour and Health," hche Research Papers 2016/13, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Kivinen, Aapo, 2018. "The Effect of Relative School Starting Age on Having an Individualized Curriculum in Finland," Working Papers 104, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Inés Berniell & Ricardo Estrada, 2017.
"Poor Little Children: The Socio economic Gap in Parental Responses to School Disadvantage,"
CEDLAS, Working Papers
0219, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Berniell, InÃ©s & Estrada, Ricardo, 2017. "Poor Little Children: The Socioeconomic Gap in Parental Responses to School Disadvantage," Research Department working papers 1112, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Simone Balestra & Beatrix Eugster & Helge Liebert, 2017. "The Effect of School Starting Age on Special Needs Incidence and Child Development into Adolescence," CESifo Working Paper Series 6837, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lmu:muenar:43485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .