Openness, Institutions and Financial Development
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2001.
"The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1369-1401, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2000. "The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 7771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "The great reversals: the politics of financial development in the twentieth century," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 5-50, July.
- Ross Levine, 2003. "More on finance and growth: more finance, more growth?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 31-46.
- Panicos Demetriades & Svetlana Andrianova, "undated". "Finance and Growth: What We Know and What We Need To Know," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/15, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2003. "Law, endowments, and finance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 137-181, November.
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Hussein, Khaled A., 1996.
"Does financial development cause economic growth? Time-series evidence from 16 countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 387-411, December.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Khaled A.Hussein, 1995. "Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth? Time-Series Evidence from 16 Countries," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 95/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1999. "A new database on financial development and structure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2146, The World Bank.
- Arestis, Philip & Demetriades, Panicos O, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 783-799, May.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Philip Arestis, 1996. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/16, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Hiro Ito, 2002. "Capital Account Liberalization, Institutions and Financial Development: Cross Country Evidence," NBER Working Papers 8967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luintel, Kul B. & Khan, Mosahid, 1999. "A quantitative reassessment of the finance-growth nexus: evidence from a multivariate VAR," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 381-405, December.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 1998. "Law, Finance, and Firm Growth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2107-2137, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei Huang, 2006. "Emerging Markets, Financial Openness and Financial Development," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 06/588, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Magda Kandil & Muhammad Shahbaz & Samia Nasreen, 2015.
"The interaction between globalization and financial development: new evidence from panel cointegration and causality analysis,"
Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 1317-1339, December.
- Kandil, Magda & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Nasreen, Samia, 2013. "The Interaction between Globalization and Financial Development: New Evidence from Panel Co-integration and Causality Analysis," MPRA Paper 52148, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Dec 2013.
- Muhsin KAR & Saban NAZLIOGLU & Huseyin AGIR, 2014. "Trade Openness, Financial Development, and Economic Growth in Turkey: Linear and Nonlinear Causality Analysis," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 8(1), pages 63-86.
- Dong-Hyeon Kim & Shu-Chin Lin & Yu-Bo Suen, 2012. "The simultaneous evolution of economic growth, financial development, and trade openness," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 513-537, May.
- Edgar Demetrio Tovar, 2011.
"Globalización financiera y sus efectos sobre el desarrollo financiero,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 29(66), pages 80-127, December.
- Edgar Demetrio Tovar, 2011. "Globalización financiera y sus efectos sobre el desarrollo financiero," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 29(66), pages 80-127, Diciembre.
- Menyah, Kojo & Nazlioglu, Saban & Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2014. "Financial development, trade openness and economic growth in African countries: New insights from a panel causality approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 386-394.
- Huang, Yongfu & Temple, Jonathan, 2005.
"Does External Trade Promote Financial Development?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5150, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yongfu Huang & Jonathan Temple, 2005. "Does external trade promote financial development?," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 05/575, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- López-Laborda, Julio & Peña, Guillermo, 2016. "Is financial VAT neutral to financial sector size?," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-31, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Edgar Demetrio Tovar García, 2012. "Financial globalization and financial development in Latin America," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, August.
- López-Laborda, Julio & Peña, Guillermo, 2017. "Does financial VAT affect the size of the financial sector?," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 11, pages 1-28.
More about this item
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-05-07 (Finance)
- NEP-PKE-2005-05-07 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lec:leecon:05/8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mrs. Alexandra Mazzuoccolo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deleiuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.