Globalisation: Countries, Cities and Multinationals
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Philip McCann & Zoltán J. Ács, 2015. "Globalization: Countries, Cities and Multinationals," Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 19, pages 371-386 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Philip McCann & Zoltan Acs, 2011. "Globalization: Countries, Cities and Multinationals," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 17-32.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2007.
"Power and Plenty: Trade, War and the World Economy in the Second Millennium (Preface),"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep0107, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2007. "Power and Plenty: Trade, War and the World Economy in the Second Millennium (Preface)," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp205, IIIS.
- Scott, Allen J. (ed.), 2001. "Global City-Regions: Trends, Theory, Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198297994.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Zoltan Acs & Niels Bosma & Rolf Sternberg, 2008. "The Entrepreneurial Advantage of World Cities - Evidence from Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Data," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-063, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2007. "Introduction to Power and Plenty: Trade, War, and the World Economy in the Second Millennium," Introductory Chapters,in: Power and Plenty: Trade, War, and the World Economy in the Second Millennium Princeton University Press.
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2007. "Preface to Power and Plenty: Trade, War, and the World Economy in the Second Millennium," Introductory Chapters,in: Power and Plenty: Trade, War, and the World Economy in the Second Millennium Princeton University Press.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jang P. Thia, 2016. "Trade and Urbanisation," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 853-872, June.
- Robert Musil, 2014. "European Global Cities in the Recent Economic Crisis," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 105(4), pages 492-503, September.
- Lewis Dijkstra & Enrique Garcilazo & Philip McCann, 2013. "The Economic Performance of European Cities and City Regions: Myths and Realities," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 334-354, March.
- ., 2014. "Urban economic performance," Chapters,in: Urban Economics and Urban Policy, chapter 2, pages 11-53 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Crescenzi, Riccardo & Gagliardi, Luisa & Iammarino, Simona, 2015.
"Foreign multinationals and domestic innovation: Intra-industry effects and firm heterogeneity,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 596-609.
- Crescenzi, Riccardo & Gagliardi, Luisa & Iammarino, Simona, 2015. "Foreign multinationals and domestic innovation: intra-industry effects and firm heterogeneity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62028, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- ., 2014. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Urban Economics and Urban Policy, chapter 1, pages 1-8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Prause Gunnar, 2014. "Smart Specialization and EU Eastern Innovation Cooperation: A Conceptual Approach," Baltic Journal of European Studies, De Gruyter Open, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17, June.
- OGREAN Claudia & HERCIU Mihaela, 2016. "Some Insights On The Changing Architecture Of The World’S Top 100 Multinationals," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 11(3), pages 90-106, December.
- Philip McCann, 2009. "Economic geography, globalisation and New Zealand's productivity paradox," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 279-314.
- Susanne A. Frick & Andres Rodriguez-Pose, 2017.
"Big or small cities? On city size and economic growth,"
Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG)
1725, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Sep 2017.
- Frick, Susanne A. & Rodrï¿½guez-Pose, Andrï¿½s, 2017. "Big or small cities? On city size and economic growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 12324, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- BalÃ¡zs PÃ¡ger & Ã‰va KomlÃ³si, 2015. "Agglomeration effects on countries' competitiveness and entrepreneurial performance," ERSA conference papers ersa15p503, European Regional Science Association.
- Mariasole BannÃ¢Ë†Å¡ÃƒÂ¶ & Diego Giuliani & Enrico Zaninotto, 2014. "Going abroad on regional shoulders: The role of spillovers on the composition of regional exports," DEM Discussion Papers 2014/06, Department of Economics and Management.
- Steven Brakman & Harry Garretsen & Charles van Marrewijk, 2009.
"Economic Geography Within And Between European Nations: The Role Of Market Potential And Density Across Space And Time,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 777-800.
- Steven Brakman & Harry Garretsen & Charles van Marrewijk, 2009. "Economic Geography within and between European Nations: The Role of Market Potential and Density across Space and Time," CESifo Working Paper Series 2658, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chidlow, Agnieszka & Holmström-Lind, Christine & Holm, Ulf & Tallman, Steve, 2015. "Do I stay or do I go? Sub-national drivers for post-entry subsidiary development," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 266-275.
- Martijn J. Burger & Frank G. Oort, 2014. "International Handbook of Globalization and World Cities , edited by Ben Derudder , Michael Hoyler , Peter J. Taylor , and Frank Witlox . 2012 . Cheltenham, U.K. and Northampton, Massachusetts : Edwar," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 348-351, March.
- Sergio Mariotti & Lucia Piscitello & Stefano Elia, 2014. "Local Externalities and Ownership Choices in Foreign Acquisitions by Multinational Enterprises," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 90(2), pages 187-211, April.
- Florin Teodor Boldeanu & Ileana Tache, 2016. "A Regional Approach To The Metropolitan Economic Growth: Evidence From The European Union," Journal of Smart Economic Growth, , vol. 1(1), pages 29-72, August.
- Ugo Fratesi, 2012. "A globalization-based taxonomy of European regions," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Roberto Camagni & Roberta Capello & Andrea Caragliu, 2013. "Una o infinite dimensioni urbane ottime? Alla ricerca di una dimensione di equilibrio," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(3), pages 53-88.
- Les Oxley & Shangqin Hong & Philip McCann, 2013. "Why Size Maters: Investigating the Drivers of Innovation and Economic Performance in New Zealand using the Business Operation Survey," Working Papers in Economics 13/13, University of Waikato.
- Renato Redondi & Mariasole BannÃ² & Marco Mutinelli, 2011. "Air Connectivity and Foreign Direct Investments The economic effects of the introduction of new routes," ERSA conference papers ersa11p249, European Regional Science Association.
- Evert Meijers & Martijn Burger & Martijn J. Burger & Evert J. Meijers, 2016. "Agglomerations and the rise of urban network externalities," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(1), pages 5-15, March.
More about this item
Keywordsscale; cities; countries; multinational firms; globalisation;
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- N90 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2009-06-03 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2009-06-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-URE-2009-06-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2009-042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .